Masseyrk662 pics

My last one was 12k including the vat @Tipp_Man im not sure if they are continueing production at all
Didn't you say that it was a special at the ploughing? It was probably a one off price.
I think the dealer quoted me 17 for a new pottinger this year plus vat.
I'd say a krone might be the best to buy dearest first day but will more than likely make more in 5 years time

Didn't you say that it was a special at the ploughing? It was probably a one off price.
I think the dealer quoted me 17 for a new pottinger this year plus vat.
I'd say a krone might be the best to buy dearest first day but will more than likely make more in 5 years time
It was the first one in Ireland alright it was the one at the ploughing, there a lot lighter rake anyway so they would have to be cheaper. Krone are a nice rake but for me anyway I couldn’t justify paying over 25k for a rake, especially when it’s a job I don’t get paid for

It was the first one in Ireland alright it was the one at the ploughing, there a lot lighter rake anyway so they would have to be cheaper. Krone are a nice rake but for me anyway I couldn’t justify paying over 25k for a rake, especially when it’s a job I don’t get paid for

How come you don't get paid for it? Everyone around here charges for it. :confused:

How come you don't get paid for it? Everyone around here charges for it. :confused:
No contractor charges for raking here unless your raking for someone With their own baler. The rake is more my benefit than the farmers, I can get through work much faster with one

How do you mean you don't get paid for it

No contractor charges for raking here unless your raking for someone With their own baler. The rake is more my benefit than the farmers, I can get through work much faster with one

Would it not be more economical for you to run a grouper on your mower so?

Would it not be more economical for you to run a grouper on your mower so?
It would but no-one would let me group swarths unless maybe a light second or third cut, @johndeere6920s no other contractor charges for it here either, what way is slurry done yer side, it’s by the load here and I reckon by the hour would be much better. In ways I don’t mind, the rake is as good as a 3rd baler it seriously increases the output, when people aren’t paying for it either I choose when the raking is done not the farmer.

It would but no-one would let me group swarths unless maybe a light second or third cut, @johndeere6920s no other contractor charges for it here either, what way is slurry done yer side, it’s by the load here and I reckon by the hour would be much better. In ways I don’t mind, the rake is as good as a 3rd baler it seriously increases the output, when people aren’t paying for it either I choose when the raking is done not the farmer.
Never heard of slurry paid per load. By hour is very fair

I wouldnt be working off what everyone else is doing.
If there stupid enough to put a man and a machine on the road and not charge for it then that's there problem no offence.
It's by the hour around here I think it would be too difficult to have a per load price.
Very hard to calculate for different tankers different yards different draws.

I wouldnt be working off what everyone else is doing.
If there stupid enough to put a man and a machine on the road and not charge for it then that's there problem no offence.
It's by the hour around here I think it would be too difficult to have a per load price.
Very hard to calculate for different tankers different yards different draws.
I know where your coming from but the reality of it is if we started charging for raking you’d loose half the customers to the lads that aren’t charging for it. If I put out the 2 fusions the welger and no rake I would make less money in a day than the 2 fusions and the rake and I’m not including another man/machine for wrapper With the welger and not just singleing our welger I’d say it be the same with another fusion I just haven’t tested that. So im no worse off having 2 balers and a rake out than having 3 balers and no rake out

What about long/short draws though, and different sized tanks?
We got out of doing any draw over 3km there 3 years back it just wasn’t paying no matter how much you charged for a load. With regards to tank size we charge 10 euro more for our 3500 gallon than the 2600 gallon. I know of 2 contractors here that charge for slurry by the bay

every load also includes agitation
What happens if you have to draw in water and extra mixing time. Far easier keep track of hours than load numbers, out of interest you must have a rough idea what it comes to per hour doing it by the load.

What happens if you have to draw in water and extra mixing time. Far easier keep track of hours than load numbers, out of interest you must have a rough idea what it comes to per hour doing it by the load.
If you have to draw in water it’s charged for as a load in and then you have to spread that load again so it’s a load out too. As said it all depends on the situation but you could be talking anywhere between very worst case scenario 60 an hour, best case 135 an hour

Mainly why it's raked here is to get the stuff a bit drier.
It could be raked the day before it's baled and the wetter stuff is turned up.
Other than that I'd just group everything.
Surely lads can't expect not to have to pay for raking but won't let you group it either?

The massey rake is a rebranded fella rake very light rake . What do you find wrong with the lely rake have a 745 in work and get on well with it little to no issues .
Is the Massey the new name for Lely? Or is fendt new lely?

I have a lely and not overly impressed with it

Hedge cutting is by the hour.
Ah I was only sneering lad, pass no heed. I know everyone from Roscommon town up north of you is charging by the hour but more power to you if you can get 135 per hour for spreading. Were only 45mins north of you and we charge( 60 + vat I think) for a 2600 with trailing shoe, so your not doing too bad at all. Agitating is on top of that of course

Back