Mchale vs Welger

The only flaw i see is the control box is a bit more complicated than the fusion. But been so used to a fusion im sure time will train a lad to get used to a new 1. By right yad want a isobus cvx tractor on her and be no need for control box .
Is there much difference in the price?

Is there much difference in the price?
I dont know to be honest . Im just a driver for a contractor. He bought it . Iv heard they are dearer alright but dont they all tell you its only dear the first day 🤣 . He traded in a 16 reg fusion so that wud take the sting out ov it

I dont know to be honest . Im just a driver for a contractor. He bought it . Iv heard they are dearer alright but dont they all tell you its only dear the first day 🤣 . He traded in a 16 reg fusion so that wud take the sting out ov it

A 5 season Fusion would cost €50 000 to trade for a new Fusion .
You might get a bit better trade , to jump to another make . But that will be more than lost , next trading time
It will be very hard to break the hold that Fusion has on the market , no matter how good a baler the Goweil is . Trade in value, parts back up and dealer proximity .

Then again , Class , Welger and Krone thought that a baler made in Mayo would never catch on .

Out of curiosity, would a crop roller press on the pick-up of a fusion 2 fit onto a f550? I'm assuming they would as the fusion is based off the f560.
Dad has notions to fit one on but I don't see the point as we bale 10ft swarths but then again it will still allow the crop to flow better

Out of curiosity, would a crop roller press on the pick-up of a fusion 2 fit onto a f550? I'm assuming they would as the fusion is based off the f560.
Dad has notions to fit one on but I don't see the point as we bale 10ft swarths but then again it will still allow the crop to flow better
It won't make any difference only heaver to take off when you plug her rightly.
Speed up the pick up if you want to cure that problem

@Delboy would be doing a lot of baling and is right In what he is saying about the gowiel, it’s an animal. Had it for a day last September around the same time they had it and was very impressed. The only reason i mightn’t consider one is it makes the bale to big in straw. Now if the customer is willing to pay extra then that’s grand but trying to convince them of that is another story. I had it in working in a bad bit of ground and it traveled well even with two bales on it . Think it might be 15 to 20k more than a fusion but I think after 50 or 60k bales it would only be run in, everything on it is heavy duty and the pick up and the way the material feeds in over the rotor seems very good.

@Delboy would be doing a lot of baling and is right In what he is saying about the gowiel, it’s an animal. Had it for a day last September around the same time they had it and was very impressed. The only reason i mightn’t consider one is it makes the bale to big in straw. Now if the customer is willing to pay extra then that’s grand but trying to convince them of that is another story. I had it in working in a bad bit of ground and it traveled well even with two bales on it . Think it might be 15 to 20k more than a fusion but I think after 50 or 60k bales it would only be run in, everything on it is heavy duty and the pick up and the way the material feeds in over the rotor seems very good.
I'd say your idea of bad ground and mine are two different things.
There's places here you'd have to stop and wrap the bale and let it off before you go again.
It's a deadly baler but it's definitely not suitable for soft ground.

There's places here you'd have to stop and wrap the bale and let it off before you go again.
How would they be in places where the fusion tries to overtake you going down a throw. Would tandem be better to stay in line ?

Then again , Class , Welger and Krone thought that a baler made in Mayo would never catch on .
Claas biggest problem was that they didn't listen to the feedback from the people that used and repaired the machines.
I remember a very experienced mechanic making suggestions to a visiting Claas engineer about improvements to the balers, he wouldn't have any of it! Claas didn't seem to have much interest in improving the balers at that time, they were much more interested in fiddling with the then newly introduced Lexion combines.

Krone in fairness had guys from the factory on the ground here that were open to suggestions and improvements but it wasn't until there was a new engineer put in charge that real changes started to happen.

What size bale does the Goweil make? A 4’6 or a 5ft?

i’m assuming that a customer will pay more for a larger bale? He’ll pay more in NRF per bale as well as the barrell of the bale will be bigger.

around the west a lot of bales are put in with very simple tractors, i know one man who put in 200 with a zetor 4718, in a wet year he struggles with a fusion bale as they tend to be slightly bigger than a standard 4ft and can be too heavy for the tractor.

Goweil would present similar problems in areas of lower intensity farming.

i’m assuming that a customer will pay more for a larger bale? He’ll pay more in NRF per bale as well as the barrell of the bale will be bigger.

around the west a lot of bales are put in with very simple tractors, i know one man who put in 200 with a zetor 4718, in a wet year he struggles with a fusion bale as they tend to be slightly bigger than a standard 4ft and can be too heavy for the tractor.

Would it also cause issues with the likes of a Keltec or Wilson if a larger diameter

Would it also cause issues with the likes of a Keltec or Wilson if a larger diameter
Don’t think so as one thing about it is every bale is exactly the same size and those handlers are suited to the larger bales especially when wrapped ,when unloading I found the welger bale being a bit smaller they were inclined to fall against the outside bar and pull the plastic a little.

Long term which would be better for maintenance?
I can only speak on the maintenance of the wrapper and it`s been minimal on the one of i drive . In just shy of 90k bales of silage wrapped . The table chains for pulling the table were changed at 60k bales . Table bearing``s that the table rolls on at 80k . Bearing`s on the non drive roller on the table cracked the housing at 50k odd bales

It will handle soft ground alright . But it will be bate sooner than a fusion in extreme condition`s . It is it`s tyres will catch you they`ll stop turning where the higher tyre of on the fusion will keep rolling .

The straw bales here after the Goweil were between 4'8" and 4'10"

Ive seen fellas tear fusion bales with handlers. Also having to reverse up hills with 2. A 4ft 10 bale wouldn't stand a chance without a vari width handler. If the bales are packed similar to here would there be an extra 400 kg in a wet type bale. Lads wouldn't lift them. Can they not make a 4ft and pack it ?

Back