Mchale vs Welger

Fusion 1 anyway has a handpiece with buttons to control reel and bale tip.
They can give trouble so some lads re pipe the reel to a spool.
I replaced my handpiece once and it's perfect since,quite handy.
Mostly bale in automatic so just press the clutch and wait for tying and tip off then away again

Lads small problem with an RP245.
The net cuts but pulls in again straight away.
It was happening on the last roll of net until I spotted the little ram for resetting the cutter was sticking and seemed to be damping the cutter. Oiled it and it ran perfect straight away.
Started at it again as soon as a new roll was put on.
If you close down the revs a bit when tieing it will work ok. Got me finished the last few in the field that way.
Anyone any ideas on it?

Lads small problem with an RP245.
The net cuts but pulls in again straight away.
It was happening on the last roll of net until I spotted the little ram for resetting the cutter was sticking and seemed to be damping the cutter. Oiled it and it ran perfect straight away.
Started at it again as soon as a new roll was put on.
If you close down the revs a bit when tieing it will work ok. Got me finished the last few in the field that way.
Anyone any ideas on it?
When was the net knife turned or changed last?

I don't know. Not in 2k bales anyway.
How often should they be changed?
Every 6 or 8k bales I suppose. If the knife is tripping with a good slap every time that's the first place I'd be looking anyway. If it's not tripping properly make sure the spool is staying in float as @johndeere6920s says. If it's neither of those it could be back pressure in the line as said above, although they're usually a fairly fool-proof netting system and don't need much adjustment when they're going right. Are you using a different tractor or anything? How many bales are on it?

Every 6 or 8k bales I suppose. If the knife is tripping with a good slap every time that's the first place I'd be looking anyway. If it's not tripping properly make sure the spool is staying in float as @johndeere6920s says. If it's neither of those it could be back pressure in the line as said above, although they're usually a fairly fool-proof netting system and don't need much adjustment when they're going right. Are you using a different tractor or anything? How many bales are on it?
Was going perfect and straight after changing the roll it started at it again. Same field, tractor, driver everything.
Spool is in float and the little ram is closing fully now. (Wasn't last time )
maybe the new net is harder cut. I'll try switch the knife.

Was going perfect and straight after changing the roll it started at it again. Same field, tractor, driver everything.
Is it the same brand of net?

The clutch for the net wrap isn't dragging is it, as in bearing gone dry?

The clutch for the net wrap isn't dragging is it, as in bearing gone dry?
Must check that.
It happened before that it would spin full time with no net on board after the winter.
The brake would hold it then with the net in. maybe the full roll isn't braking as fast as the half roll.

It’s your net knife that needs changing. Had similar here last year going fine on volac net . Got a roll of tama off a neighbour to finish a job . Broke my heart back to volac worked fine again. Changed the knife and tama worked fine . Mind it did run smoother netting in general after changing the knife .
No was farmer but only had tama in stock now.

I have a mchale auto static wrapper that did not work the last time i hooked up so might need someone to look at it if i cannot figure out the trouble myself. Who would guys suggest around County Wexford to look at it?

I have a mchale auto static wrapper that did not work the last time i hooked up so might need someone to look at it if i cannot figure out the trouble myself. Who would guys suggest around County Wexford to look at it?
would it be worth giving andrew Lacey a shout? Is a mchale dealer and generally has had a few for sale?
Is it just the settings on the control box have gone funny for the remote? Or what is it doing/not doing, I know on the trailed ones there’s a couple of different options for the remote depending on loading position and also the type of remote, wether it was infra red or radio

Last edited:

Has anyone ever used MK electronics.

By the time its down to a price i can afford the pre chamber will be stuck open, the main chamber won’t open and the wrapper will be hitting the ground!!! For that reason i’m out!
if anything were to happen while 1st chamber transferring to 2nd and materiel gets stuck there. i could see it being a right hazardous job clearing it.
I would love 1 otherwise. stopping and taking off every bale is So last century for me

Is anyone here using the new Massey 3130F baler and if so how did you find them? Would be curious how they compare to the Lely 245,

Back