McHale wrapper control box

Does anyone know if there is any major difference between a Hollin bale wrap monitor and an rds monitor. My old monitor has stopped working.
The Hollin is €275 and the rds monitor is around €470.
There is a new sensor and magnet with the Hollin. Not sure if a sensor and magnet come with the rds maybe anyone who has bought one would know? The old sensor on my wrapper was giving trouble last year so would prefer to have new sensor and magnet.

Does anyone know if there is any major difference between a Hollin bale wrap monitor and an rds monitor. My old monitor has stopped working.
There is a new sensor and magnet with the Hollin. Not sure if a sensor and magnet come with the rds maybe anyone who has bought one would know? The old sensor on my wrapper was giving trouble last year so would prefer to have new sensor and magnet.
If you contact Douglas Kidd I think he is an agent for RDS . He also owns Kidd Lubericants and does weigh loads etc .

Shouldnt be any major difference. Its just a counter at the end of the day.

You can set the target wraps and it displays the current wrap next to it same as rds. Buzzer sounds on second last wrap. Also has a bale counter. Thats all you need really.

Could you get your own repaired. Sent an rds one back to Conor years ago for repair, it wouldnt power up at all. Think it only cost €70.

If intermittent problem might be just the sensor and magnet? Is the magnet running close enough to the sensor?

Back