McHugh and Kramp

Merv_B

Is any of the Irish contingent on here using them for parts or do they only supply dealers?

Merv

I have an account at Kramp and as far as I know its trade only

McHugh ? who are they

mc hugh & kramp ltd changed their name on the 1st of feb to mc hugh components ltd.
they only sell to the trade.

any harm to ask,
why you ask merv.

Spoke to a contractor here in Lancashire end of last year and they were using Kramp plough metal and found it was lasting longer than the genuine stuff at a cheaper price so I was thinking they may be worth a look for some bits if we need it for the farm at home.

has kramp UK not got the same stuff?.

what plough is it, and what you lookin for?

My family farm in wexford so that is why I was asking with regards to Ireland - I moved over to the UK for college 11 years ago and never moved back.

It is a Lemken plough and will probably be needing bits later in the year. Always good to know if there are other sources as genuine are a little pricey.

the farmhand rep was in the yard the other day, he was saying that their tines seemed to be better than the oem ones as they had a contractor who had three of his tips (farmhands ones) snap off, he called the dealer who called my rep and told him they had broke,
in the same sentence he said to send down a full set for the same contractor.
he thought he was going to get bulled about them breaking but
it turns out that the contractor fitted all new metal (oem ones) and three of fastparts ones,
after ploughing some quantity of acres (i dont know how many) the oem tips wore more than the spurious ones, when he sat the plough down on the concrete the weight of her snapped the proud ones which hadnt wore as much.
so he changed to the farmhand ones.

now i know nout about ploughs so forgive me if the terminology is a bit out, but thats the jist of the story.

this contractor was running a couple of ploughs and uses a lot of metal. To find out which was the better he put geuine on one side and kramp on the other which lasted longer. Also I think Xerion has mentioned them a few times over the years. Think McHugh bought Kramp in the last 18mths.

Farmhand would be Overum wouldnt they?

this contractor was running a couple of ploughs and uses a lot of metal. To find out which was the better he put geuine on one side and kramp on the other which lasted longer. Also I think Xerion has mentioned them a few times over the years. Think McHugh bought Kramp in the last 18mths.

Farmhand would be Overum wouldnt they?

farmhand sell spurious parts as well, out of the fastparts division, all be it under the same new roof.
they sell FRANK parts, which im led to believe are verry good.
iirc mc hugh & kramp sells molbro parts, but im not sure if they still do.

ya mean, since sept 08 the company wass 100% owned by the mc hugh family,
since 1st of feb they are trading under mc hugh components, but they still have kramp as their partners.

Back