Milking 25 cows

I think a robot will follow the cow around in the field and milk it . It will be like a robot calf except it will save the milk. The cow will not have to walk and will spread it’s own slurry.
I have seen dancing robots on Instagram. They can mow your lawn and hoover the floor so why not milk the cows.
Can't see that working. The power supply to run the vacuum and chiller would surely be a battery killer, then the water to keep flushing the cluster every time it milks a cow.

Can't see that working. The power supply to run the vacuum and chiller would surely be a battery killer, then the water to keep flushing the cluster every time it milks a cow.
I'm sure someone somewhere said something similar when the first mechanical milking machine or tractor was proposed.

Reactions: AYF
Could go solar to power it. Surely it could milk a few cows before it would need to empty and clean

I think it will go same as pig , poultry, beef finishing tillage ect. If you do the work yourself you'll make a living for this generation. Or else its scale up with numbers diluting cheap labour.
Everyone is getting into cows around here.

To get over some of the technological issues it could be mounted on the back of a calf who would get a small award of milk a bit like the cormorants that fish but have a ring around their neck to stop them swallowing the fish .
Gosh I can see the vegans falling over at the site of that!😂 Best be careful given most will have brittle bones by then!

Maybe milk will be replacing by a lab grown environmentally friendly alternative and we will.all.be keepers of flora and fauna

Maybe milk will be replacing by a lab grown environmentally friendly alternative and we will.all.be keepers of flora and fauna
Ya cause stuff grown in a lab is going to be soooo healthy..... my hole it is, they’ll cut corners to make more money and the customers will suffer. And low and behold there will be a big move back to the old stuff from an actual animal 😂😂😂😂

Ya cause stuff grown in a lab is going to be soooo healthy..... my hole it is, they’ll cut corners to make more money and the customers will suffer. And low and behold there will be a big move back to the old stuff from an actual animal 😂😂😂😂

They will always have a share of the market with the vegan gobshites but the fact thats its just piss water will keep it from replacing milk completely, I hope😅

just reading over this thread again

has anyone heard any stories about processors refusing to collect milk from small herds ?

i imagine a small herd would end up dumping a fair bit of milk in the early part of the spring until a sufficient number of cows were calved ?, costly ?

I am only starting calving this week but it will be Beginning of March before I will have enough to be collected .I have a couple of strong calves that will drink some of the waste milk ,It is 100 litre/day min.collection .You would have to hold milk from dry cow tube anyway for 4 days

Back