Milking parlours

bagenal

Any suppliers of the pvc box corrugated sheets in the south east?
Nearly dealt with a crowd near the border I saw selling it on DoneDeal and when I searched the company before handing over money they came up as ceased trading!

Duggan Steel Kilkenny http://steel.ie/industrial/proclad/. I'm sure there are others around and if not in the south east most likely they will deliver, do a bit of Googleing :smile:

scoffcruddle

This stuff looks the job. How was it fixed to the walls, was it onto an existing painted wall? TIA
Aluminium strip every sheet,it’s great because if your wall behind isn’t flat you can pack the strip so it’s vertical,did my dairy in it and the wall was random stone.

podge 23

Milking 96 cows here from start to finish this time of year it is taking 3 hours 1.5h to milk and between washing parlour and machine and feeding a few calves another 1.5h does that sound right ?
12 unit parlour with jars and acr’s .
No air gates front or back .

thefarminglad

Milking 96 cows here from start to finish this time of year it is taking 3 hours 1.5h to milk and between washing parlour and machine and feeding a few calves another 1.5h does that sound right ?
12 unit parlour with jars and acr’s .
No air gates front or back .
Feeding how many calves?
Sounds like you need a auto calf milk feeder. Has reduced my workload. Now only have three pens of calves on test feeder so that only takes 20 minutes and check the auto feeder when those three pens are drinking.

scoffcruddle

Saw advert for merlin meridian on farm exam. Interesting concept but id think youd need deep pockets!!!!
Just seems pointless.

Nashty

Just seems pointless.
What exactly are they do you mind me asking?

Deerehunter

But doesn't that just create a big queue for milking?
looking at plan they could have 10/12 robots in an arc for maybe 100cows a batch. I think ill stick to my 8unit for another bit until i win the euromillions!! Ill be able to afford it then but think milking cows wont be troubling me then!!!

Neat

I want to take out my recording jars here lads. I keep getting caught in them now cause I’m getting slow and clumsy, have got a right few hurts now from backing and waking into them. I have acr and swing over arms. It’s a Dairymaster plant. I’d like to put in milk indicators if possible. And move the wash line down so I’d have nothing left in the middle of the pit. Have any of ye done this? Any ideas on cost? I know a guy that has the commander things from Dairymaster as indicators, what would they cost if anyone has fitted them lately? I like the jars but I’m tired of zigzagging around them now it’s time for a change

declanc304

Ill agree to that.
Know of a farm who got rid of theirs as they were waking them up 4 times a night.

Know another who had been woken up twice that month!!??!

Same robots. Same amount of robots.....
I think he meant more if herd health wasnt being monitored proper and d right feed to keep yields up. Theres people under d impression that installing robots means u just throw feed in front and them and go off and do ur own thing itl all work itself no problems

Reactions: AYF

AYF

I think he meant more if herd health wasnt being monitored proper and d right feed to keep yields up. Theres people under d impression that installing robots means u just throw feed in front and them and go off and do ur own thing itl all work itself no problems
That too!

FIAT 450

I want to take out my recording jars here lads. I keep getting caught in them now cause I’m getting slow and clumsy, have got a right few hurts now from backing and waking into them. I have acr and swing over arms. It’s a Dairymaster plant. I’d like to put in milk indicators if possible. And move the wash line down so I’d have nothing left in the middle of the pit. Have any of ye done this? Any ideas on cost? I know a guy that has the commander things from Dairymaster as indicators, what would they cost if anyone has fitted them lately? I like the jars but I’m tired of zigzagging around them now it’s time for a change
In our old plant we raised the jars up above head height and had a flexible bar that if you hit off it, it moved was a super job.

Neat

In our old plant we raised the jars up above head height and had a flexible bar that if you hit off it, it moved was a super job.
How are you getting on without the jars? Are them commander box’s any good? I’ve a dump line here too so I only milk through the jars now. I might be caught for height moving the jars up. I’m kinda looking at it the same way I look at Machinary and upgrade it every 7 or 8 years to keep it modern

aidank

How are you getting on without the jars? Are them commander box’s any good? I’ve a dump line here too so I only milk through the jars now. I might be caught for height moving the jars up. I’m kinda looking at it the same way I look at Machinary and upgrade it every 7 or 8 years to keep it modern

little bit off topic, how does dump line work, is there a SS vessel under vacuum in the dairy that holds the milk until you switch off at the end. Or does the dump line has separate milk pump of some description on it