Milwaukee tools

marco

I have an idea about getting a few of the cordless tools. If you have some where did you buy? Who's best to deal with?

Anyone else think thr chuck on their drills are fairly crap?!?
End up struggling to open them. And they then randomly open themselves!

Milwaukee told my brother they slip so they don’t snap your bit,it’s a bugger if the bit snags and the battery dies at the same time,you simply can’t get the chuck undone.

Anyone else think thr chuck on their drills are fairly crap?!?
End up struggling to open them. And they then randomly open themselves!
Same opinion here . Won’t tighten enough on small drill bits and locks solid on bigger bits . Bring the stencil wrench with me now and no issue. Mind the older model I had never gave trouble on the chuck .

Reactions: AYF
Same opinion here . Won’t tighten enough on small drill bits and locks solid on bigger bits . Bring the stencil wrench with me now and no issue. Mind the older model I had never gave trouble on the chuck .
Had a run of their drills now. Last one only came because we have 4 battery's. Might be seriously considering another brand next time.

How big a job is it to change the chuck on a drill?

Look down into the chuck and you`ll see the head of a screw (philips head i think ) . Remove that screw and the chuck should unthread from the drill . That`s how i removed the chuck from an old drill that was here .
Had a run of their drills now. Last one only came because we have 4 battery's. Might be seriously considering another brand next time.

How big a job is it to change the chuck on a drill?

Look down into the chuck and you`ll see the head of a screw (philips head i think ) . Remove that screw and the chuck should unthread from the drill . That`s how i removed the chuck from an old drill that was here .
It's a whore of a job if that screw breaks, you can't keep the chuck on.

Need to replace my small grinder and taught about going cordless over corded . Is the milwalkie grinders good ? Or should i go corded again? Where is best place that is reasonable to buy?

Need to replace my small grinder and taught about going cordless over corded . Is the milwalkie grinders good ? Or should i go corded again? Where is best place that is reasonable to buy?

Impressed with my Milwaukee cordless,my Makita cordless is absolutely shite,doubt I’ll ever buy makita ever again,they’ve gone to shite recently.

Bought my grinder bare off eBay circa £100.

I have a bosch, couple of years old now, tech is a bit out of date. it's awesome and it's useless.

so handy being able to take it away from the shed, or pick it up and do a small job, but equally it doesnt have the power, or lasting power of a corded tool. also significantly heavier depending on the battery. my favourite grinder is a 4.5inch bosch I have that has a skinny motor. so small and light but still bags of power. the flex is a minor inconvenience.

Personally I view it as a compliment to the corded grinders, not a replacement, no way would I have more than one cordless around the place.

I've become a little anti cordless tools recently. Im not sure how many more years are in my current platform by bosch before they pension it off, a few years later and you wont be able to get batteries then buy all your tools again. killed my jigsaw last weekend and didnt consider replacing it with cordless. it'll never be used away from the workshop

Cordless grinders from any main make should be good but you need a decent battery ie min 5 amp but better 8 amp plus. They aren't a replacement for a corded one but handy to have but probably even more dangerous than a corded version due to most people using the skinny discs in them and treating them like a toy. I don't let my apprentice use it then again I wouldn't trust him with a hack saw

Cordless grinder is wicked handy for all sorts of small jobs especially out and about.
In the workshop id rarely use it except for a light job.
Have a makita corded one and its very fast and powerful

Cordless Aldi one in the hedgecutter, mate has a Lidl one and it would eat the Aldi (Powerzone) for breakfast

Have the drill the grinder grease gun and high torque 1/2 " impact all 18 volt get plenty abuse daily for last 2 yrs havent had any issue yet grinder very impressive the impact has undone any wheel nut from combine to loader and with fully charged batt rarely beaten if does get beaten usually takes my big cp 1" air impact to open . Have some of the m12 stuff to find great value for money . Have got few of them off amazon .de usually alot cheaper than anywhere in ireland

Similar here 1/2 inch impact wrench ,if its beat a 3 ft 3/4 breaker bar is the only option, grease gun , 115 mm grinder ,meaning to get the bigger guard for it to save trying to wear the 9 inch ones down far enough to fit inside the guard, and a torch. one of the 18v batterys is a copy at half the price it just gets used the same as the rest and their isnt any difference . Oh and a 12 driver ,great wee thing for tec screws.

Similar here 1/2 inch impact wrench ,if its beat a 3 ft 3/4 breaker bar is the only option, grease gun , 115 mm grinder ,meaning to get the bigger guard for it to save trying to wear the 9 inch ones down far enough to fit inside the guard, and a torch. one of the 18v batterys is a copy at half the price it just gets used the same as the rest and their isnt any difference . Oh and a 12 driver ,great wee thing for tec screws.
Shouldn't do that, 9" discs don't have a high enough speed rating.

Would the peripheral speed not be reduced enough with 9 inch disc at 4 and half inches ? the only discs reused are grinding ones . Its probably more good luck than good judgement that we have got away with it :oops2:

For cutting anyway, the skinny discs are the best job on the cordless ones really. The normal cutting discs tend to eat the battery life very fast

Back