Milwaukee tools

Similar here 1/2 inch impact wrench ,if its beat a 3 ft 3/4 breaker bar is the only option, grease gun , 115 mm grinder ,meaning to get the bigger guard for it to save trying to wear the 9 inch ones down far enough to fit inside the guard, and a torch. one of the 18v batterys is a copy at half the price it just gets used the same as the rest and their isnt any difference . Oh and a 12 driver ,great wee thing for tec screws.
Don't do that one the speed is wrong and the disc could break apart 2 it probably puts more pressure on the mini grinder ie out of balance I

Don't do that one the speed is wrong and the disc could break apart 2 it probably puts more pressure on the mini grinder ie out of balance I
Sorry, just reread my original post, my mistake,made it look like I intended fitting 9 inch discs to 4 1/2 inch tool , no, their is a guard 10 mm bigger for the 115 Milwaukee grinder

Sorry, just reread my original post, my mistake,made it look like I intended fitting 9 inch discs to 4 1/2 inch tool , no, their is a guard 10 mm bigger for the 115 Milwaukee grinder
A 9" grinder @6600rpm has a higher peripheral speed (79.5m/s) than a 4.5" grinder @9000rpm (54.2m/s). A worn disc may or may not be safe.

@SMID discs are rated on rpm not peripheral speed though. The extra centrifugal force from the extra rpm on 4.5" machine might be enough to explode a worn 9" disc.

@SMID discs are rated on rpm not peripheral speed though. The extra centrifugal force from the extra rpm on 4.5" machine might be enough to explode a worn 9" disc.
Valid point, a visual inspection isnt going guarantee the reliability of a half worn 9 inch disc.

Yeah you really shouldn’t use worn down 9 inch discs on a little grinder they spin at twice the speed and again a 9 inch disc is worn down that far it’s the strength of a rich tea biscuit. I’m a big fan of the cordless Milwaukee grinder use it every day doesn’t have the power of the cordless grinder but perfect for skinny cutting discs or flap discs etc 5 amp battery lasts ages

Attachments

• 6A6BEB6F-348B-4A06-8EE3-9CC481D1A403.jpeg
    6A6BEB6F-348B-4A06-8EE3-9CC481D1A403.jpeg
    928.3 KB · Views: 112
I have been wanting to buy an impact gun for a while now and came across this DeWalt impact gun and angle grinder set.

Do people have any thoughts on both DeWalt stuff and the guys on this website EPT?

Neither would be getting any hard work now - just a bit of general messing around

what do ye think? and the price?

Ept would be a big outfit based in Carlow . The dewalt gun has fairly good reviews not as good as the Milwaukee. Have you any of the dewalt stuff already . My preference on a battery tool brand would be based on what other battery tools I have Have all Milwaukee here but I started with just a drill and built it up over time . Been able to buy bare tools and having the same batteries keeps me tied to Milwaukee.
Worth checking eBay for a price on that kit . Most of what I have now has come from there . Tools are generally cheaper in the uk.
Powertoolmate and FFX tools I’ve bought from in the past .

Ept would be a big outfit based in Carlow . The dewalt gun has fairly good reviews not as good as the Milwaukee. Have you any of the dewalt stuff already . My preference on a battery tool brand would be based on what other battery tools I have Have all Milwaukee here but I started with just a drill and built it up over time . Been able to buy bare tools and having the same batteries keeps me tied to Milwaukee.
Worth checking eBay for a price on that kit . Most of what I have now has come from there . Tools are generally cheaper in the uk.
Powertoolmate and FFX tools I’ve bought from in the past .

Thanks for that - starting fresh here on the battery/charger front so open to any brand really

I have been wanting to buy an impact gun for a while now and came across this DeWalt impact gun and angle grinder set.

Do people have any thoughts on both DeWalt stuff and the guys on this website EPT?

Neither would be getting any hard work now - just a bit of general messing around

what do ye think? and the price?

I have that gun, I don't do I lot with it but its very handy to change plough parts etc, i bought it in ept with a good hammer drill and 2 x 5.0 ah batteries, I can't remember the price it was 2 years ago, they made up the pack as the drill came with a smaller gun which i didn't want, the grinder in that pack is the cheaper more basic grinder, I bought a bare dcg405n after, its brushless .

I have that gun, I don't do I lot with it but its very handy to change plough parts etc, i bought it in ept with a good hammer drill and 2 x 5.0 ah batteries, I can't remember the price it was 2 years ago, they made up the pack as the drill came with a smaller gun which i didn't want, the grinder in that pack is the cheaper more basic grinder, I bought a bare dcg405n after, its brushless .
Thanks for that

I might give them a shout and see would they mix it up a bit

Everyone raves about Milwaukee and if I was starting from scratch I'd definitely go that direction, if the figures in the specs are right they beat the dewalt stuff. Then again I can't really fault the dewalt stuff is good but those bundles usually include lower spec versions of the tools, its surprising the amount of use you'll knock out of them them once you have them though.

Was looking at the Milwaukee website (again)😂 I see Atkins birr is listed on their website. Nothing about it on the birr Facebook page. Anyone been in and seen tools? Would like to buy local so would be good if it were true.

Was looking at the Milwaukee website (again)😂 I see Atkins birr is listed on their website. Nothing about it on the birr Facebook page. Anyone been in and seen tools? Would like to buy local so would be good if it were true.

You are telling us that you are wondering are Atkins in Birr selling Milwaukee tools ?

Go on , and pull the other one .

You really want to go there, and drool over Fendts, and know you couldn't resist pulling the cheque book if you looked at a 516 in the face .

Or , a different shade of German Green,
maybe TAFKATS handy houred Deutz is still for sale there?

Both of my sons bought most of their Milwaukee tools from some online crowd in either Dundalk , or the North , whose name evades me .

Have never seen any stuff in there , have a new high torque gun and grease gun ordered through Bradshaw’s in Portlaoise , not fully sure but think it’s all coming in under 600 with 2 batteries and charger . Was told there is a bit of a price war starting on all this stuff and prices have dropped well but like everything it’s hard got and big waiting times

I ve had lots of grinders and Metabo seem to take most abuse in corded anyway I have a 4 1/2inch and it is super. 109 euro in Ted Johnson Naas

Patrick mitchels in tullamore very competitive on price since they got the big milwaukee display stand in and they can order large amounts of stock. There service is excellent too iv got the drill and impact driver with two batteries in kit , the small grinder and then the 1/2’ impact with two batteries next is the greese gun

49CDA64B-F991-401F-8078-89717D9DFF51.pngAnyone here got the top grinder in my pic . I had the bottom one till it got misplaced. Is the top one worth the extra € .

View attachment 109979Anyone here got the top grinder in my pic . I had the bottom one till it got misplaced. Is the top one worth the extra € .
I don't have Milwaukee tools, but Hikoki have both brushed and brushless grinders, I have both and there is no comparison between the 2, the brushless Hikoi grinder is well worth the extra money and I don't see the Milwaukee any different.

View attachment 109979Anyone here got the top grinder in my pic . I had the bottom one till it got misplaced. Is the top one worth the extra € .
Have the FASG model as well and it's good tool can't fault it. Can't compare as I haven't used other model but I know the difference in the milwaukee brushless and brushed drills is night and day. I was told battery would last longer in brushless as well.

Last edited:
Only issue I have with the Fasg model is the on / off switch isn’t a paddle switch .
I have the dearer FSAG model and it’s a great tool. I’d always try get the best spec available if not crazy money extra.

Have the FASG model as well and it's good tool can't fault it. Can't compare as I haven't used other model but I know the difference in the milwaukee brushless and brushed drills is night day. I was told battery would last longer in brushless as well.

Back