Mini Digger Quick hitches

Have the spring type here. It's handy when putting on the bucket but can be a bit of job when taking it off if there is a bit of muck in it. I normally just have the bucket at an angle that when I lever the spring the bucket springs down out of the way, just hanging on the hook.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Used the type in the youtube link, all well and good but prefer the ones where you use a bar. A socket will inevitably wonder, and your sure to find a bar or old piece of steel before a socket!! Even used a pickaxe head to unlock one!

Have the spring type on the hx and find it grand, i suppose it hasn't done a massive pile of work to be fair as we only got it for it a couple of year ago.

That last one seems a bit of a balls to me, wont take much sloppy stuff getting up around the threads on the winder before it starts to rust and get stiff.... Also seems stupidly slow.... Id prefer either of the other 2 personally anyways...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you bought a digger Mike?

There is a little 2.8 ton Cat on the way alright, a bit smaller than I was intending, but money was keen. :whistling:

I think the spring type hitch might be the way to go, that ratchet type does look slow alright.

There is a little 2.8 ton Cat on the way alright, a bit smaller than I was intending, but money was keen. :whistling:

I think the spring type hitch might be the way to go, that ratchet type does look slow alright.

Nice size digger, they are a good enough machine but parts are a ransom at times to be fair. Has she a breaker circuit? Something that I don't have here.

Nice size digger, they are a good enough machine but parts are a ransom at times to be fair. Has she a breaker circuit? Something that I don't have here.

I agree, Finning have the UK and Ireland to themselves really.

Ya, she has. :thumbup:

I agree, Finning have the UK and Ireland to themselves really.

Ya, she has. :thumbup:

They do unfortunately.

That's nice to have, gives you a few more options on what you can do with it. I reckon I'll just hire one in if needed.

Whats the best of the non hydraulic versions then?
There seems to be 3 options..

Semi manual type - http://handengineering.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_52

Spring type- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Case-CX16...d=100011&prg=9210&rk=5&rkt=10&sd=251246949136

Or this type which I havent come across before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m2e844xiGc

From what I have seen the spring type ones get very sloppy. :001_unsure:
the pin type will get as bad tho.
tbh, any of them smaller ones are all loose after a while.

as for ease, then the spring type would be about as easy as it gets.
as for the one in the video.
umm, i wouldnt be too gone on it now.

On the spring type here there is a pin put across the back of the moving hook, it keeps it tight then.

On the spring type here there is a pin put across the back of the moving hook, it keeps it tight then.
Used a spring type here with a pin going across off hire outfit, lorry driver for them also does some of the fixing & said it's people not fitting the pin that kills them...

Used a spring type here with a pin going across off hire outfit, lorry driver for them also does some of the fixing & said it's people not fitting the pin that kills them...

That would be my take on it too. It would wear the hook at a fair rate if the pin wasn't there.

Id say thats very true! To be fair i know for a fact the catch on ours cant move at all with the pin in! :whistle: :whistle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I will chance a miller spring type one, thanks for the advice lads. :thumbup:

It looks to be a nice tidy hitch.

Attachments

• COR0011984_06l.jpg
    COR0011984_06l.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 57
What sort of money is the hitch Mike? We have a wee CAT 303cr on the way here, but don't think there is any hitch on it.
A mate put a Hill quick hitch on his TB135, great job but £1000 or there abouts plus vat, something cheaper will have to do

What sort of money is the hitch Mike? We have a wee CAT 303cr on the way here, but don't think there is any hitch on it.
A mate put a Hill quick hitch on his TB135, great job but £1000 or there abouts plus vat, something cheaper will have to do

£395 stg plus vat and plus delivery Paddy. Being a bigger machine, yours may need a slightly bigger/dearer hitch though.

Have a 2.8 ton hanix here that I wanted to put a hitch on.manual or spring type??
35mm pin and 185mn centres is popular as that's Hitachi size.
One of my buckets is that size but another is 180mm centres.
Was going to get a 180mm hitch specially made as it would pick up the 185 if a little sloppy.
Would a 185mm spring hitch pick up a 180 bucket?

Have a 2.8 ton hanix here that I wanted to put a hitch on.manual or spring type??
Was going to get a 180mm hitch specially made as it would pick up the 185 if a little sloppy.
You'd think think it would probably cope with 5mm difference, they would have to allow some tolerance when making them, any spring type i've seen or used usually have quite a bit of play anyway.

Could you just ship the 180 bucket, replace with an equivalent 185 bucket and keep all the same?

The digger at home has a lot of slop in the quick hitch, a dromone spring unit. Is it possible to rebuild and tighten up the hitch or is it a replacement job?

Back