Mobile and Internet packages

nashmach

Anyone got a good combination of mobile calls and texts as well as a decent internet allocation?

100 texts and 100 minutes would do me for a long time and I have a 15GB allowance for internet.

Anyway of combining the two with a decent phone in the mix too?

In Ireland I should add.

podge

three on bill pay mines 50 euro a month for interent and free any network texts and loads a freee calls as well
get the deal with an i phone and u can set the phone up as your personal wifi hotspot

candor

Moderator/IT Guy
I'm on 200 texts and calls, free meteor calls and texts, 1gb of mobile internet. €30 per month.

I haven't gone over limits yet and I use my phone regularly.

Got a samsung galaxy s2 which has been good. I would find it hard to recommend an iphone really, sony ericsson and htc also have some good handsets.

Michael

I'm with 02 on 250 texts and 250 minutes per month along with 250MB all for €40 per month. Samsung Galaxy phone.

nashmach

Looks like this won't work then - using about 400MB's a week on the internet on the laptop at the moment going on my usage.

candor

Moderator/IT Guy
Looks like this won't work then - using about 400MB's a week on the internet on the laptop at the moment going on my usage.

No internet in your own place?

Maybe a seperate dongle then. Price it out, you can get a very high limit on phones so worth looking at that.

nashmach

No internet in your own place?

Maybe a seperate dongle then. Price it out, you can get a very high limit on phones so worth looking at that.

No - that is why I have a seperate dongle at the moment so am trying to lump it all in the one at the moment.

candor

Moderator/IT Guy
Aha, I can take a look to see what is available later, a friend has what you want but I don't know how much etc. I think he's on emobile.

Mike

If you are used of a Laptop though I reckon depending solely on a little phone screen for internet will get annoying. :001_unsure:

farmingleinster

Im with Three and for €40 a month u get unlimited internet and 350 flexiunits (basically a mix of mins and txts) and that included a iphone, i think its €30 a month without a phone

nashmach

Im with Three and for €40 a month u get unlimited internet and 350 flexiunits (basically a mix of mins and txts) and that included a iphone, i think its €30 a month without a phone

That is a very good deal.

Can I set this up in such a way that I could use the phone as my modem with the laptop?

My laptop is old but does have a wireless connector.

Worse comes to worst I suppose I can use the Huaewi with the new SIM card?

candor

Moderator/IT Guy
That is a very good deal.

Can I set this up in such a way that I could use the phone as my modem with the laptop?

My laptop is old but does have a wireless connector.

Worse comes to worst I suppose I can use the Huaewi with the new SIM card?

Not a problem to do what you want.

nashmach

The internet is not limited on this by the way - it is a max of 15GB per month from what I was told.

And it is the 8GB phone.

farmingleinster

The 16GB is not free though.

Apparently in the very small writing - yes.

Well i got the 4s 16gb phone and i didnt have to part with any money, are you looking at the iphone 4 or 3 maybe?

Just looked at the t&c http://shop.three.ie/terms/all-you-can-eat-data-terms-conditions/ , they say they reserve the right to limit your data if you exceed 15gb a month, like i said i dont use that much but when i was changing to them at the time i dont recall seeing any of the other networks offering near a much data.

nashmach

Well i got the 4s 16gb phone and i didnt have to part with any money, are you looking at the iphone 4 or 3 maybe?

Just looked at the t&c http://shop.three.ie/terms/all-you-can-eat-data-terms-conditions/ , they say they reserve the right to limit your data if you exceed 15gb a month, like i said i dont use that much but when i was changing to them at the time i dont recall seeing any of the other networks offering near a much data.

4S - I was looking at - indeed you can't get the 4 with that GB :D

And your last point is exactly correct.