Mobile and Internet packages

4S - I was looking at - indeed you can't get the 4 with that GB :D

And your last point is exactly correct.

Ok just looked at my phone and its definitly a 16gb one and it was definitly free!! but maybe there offer has changed its a month or more since i got this (have read on boards.ie that they can look for a deposit sometimes) a friend of mine got a samsung s2 free last week for the same money per month and its some phone.

Would 15gb a month not be enough data anyway?

Ok just looked at my phone and its definitly a 16gb one and it was definitly free!! but maybe there offer has changed its a month or more since i got this (have read on boards.ie that they can look for a deposit sometimes) a friend of mine got a samsung s2 free last week for the same money per month and its some phone.

Would 15gb a month not be enough data anyway?

15gb is plenty - yep I think I was doing something odd there to be fair!

My contract with 02 is still live though for another few months :(

There are alot of bad reviews about Threes coverage on boards (its grand here luckily) I knew someone with them before i changed but you could get a pay as u go sim to check the coverage in your area before you change because the reviews for there customer service ore not good either and it might be hassle to cancell the contract

Last edited:
What's the best deal out there for unlimited calls (landline and mobiles?)
I was paying €79 + another €10 for data.

I heard vodafone doing similar for €35 odd? Could be chinese whispers tho!

02 business doing unlimited calls for 40 a month for us

im on a flexifix plan by 3. 200 mins + 150 evening & weekend mins all for 25 a month, I dont use 30 of the 200 in internet for the month &&&&& england ireland doesnt matter mins are mins, so daecent that way.... but want to change... 30 day contracts ftw

Just signed up to a 24 month contract with IFA mobile.

Samsung S3 €140

€32 per month includes

Free vodafone calls and texts
500mb data
200 mins calls

Very happy with it

Just signed up to a 24 month contract with IFA mobile.

Samsung S3 €140

€32 per month includes

Free vodafone calls and texts
500mb data
200 mins calls

Very happy with it

Yes but 500mb is close to useless, if you were to tether to a laptop like the OP wishes. Vodafone and O2 data limit is pathetic.

three on bill pay mines 50 euro a month for interent and free any network texts and loads a freee calls as well
get the deal with an i phone and u can set the phone up as your personal wifi hotspot

I too have a similar package, and happy with it, but unfortunately it's no longer available and it's now against Three's terms to tether, unless your contract predates January 2012, plus you will lose tethering if you ever upgrade your phone.

That leaves Emobile, assuming you have an Emobile mast near you so check out the very good offer they had recently, which was:
unlimited calls to all networks and landlines and 15gb data with tethering allowed all for the half price offer of €34.50 per month.( If you sign up at the half price offer, you keep that rate forever, so seems every good.

02 business doing unlimited calls for 40 a month for us

im on a flexifix plan by 3. 200 mins + 150 evening & weekend mins all for 25 a month, I dont use 30 of the 200 in internet for the month &&&&& england ireland doesnt matter mins are mins, so daecent that way.... but want to change... 30 day contracts ftw

I take it that's unlimited any network and landlines? Does that include texts and data?

Sounds a good deal!

Yes but 500mb is close to useless, if you were to tether to a laptop like the OP wishes. Vodafone and O2 data limit is pathetic.

I too have a similar package, and happy with it, but unfortunately it's no longer available and it's now against Three's terms to tether, unless your contract predates January 2012, plus you will lose tethering if you ever upgrade your phone.

That leaves Emobile, assuming you have an Emobile mast near you so check out the very good offer they had recently, which was:
unlimited calls to all networks and landlines and 15gb data with tethering allowed all for the half price offer of €34.50 per month.( If you sign up at the half price offer, you keep that rate forever, so seems every good.

So basically in this post you seem to be telling me the only network I can do what I want to do is with eMobile now :thumbdown:

This is not what the guy in Carphone Warehouse told me!

vodaphone called the other day, they suggested a different package for me, they do this quite often to be fair to them.
this time they moved me to a new tarrif, still keeping the 700mins and 700 txt's for free.
im not sure what the data is, but ive never crossed it and id use it a good bit, i know its included in the package, i also have passport which makes calls to the uk for free, and insurance too.
iirc he said the whole lot would cost €100 a month, he changed me over neway,also give me a new HTC 1x.

Tinman that sounds expensive to me.
I started out on an unlimited package three years ago for €100 + vat.
It then dropped €10 per yr to know, but data cost me an additional €10.

Looking on O2 website I think you can get a basic unlimited package for €60, which is fantastic value, considering calls cost them .01 cent.

Can someone tell me what tethering means?

I would love to use a second phone as I have milia car kits fitted to everything, and still have the ifone on the same number. I think it's possible in uk, but not here.:(

Tinman that sounds expensive to me.
I started out on an unlimited package three years ago for €100 + vat.
It then dropped €10 per yr to know, but data cost me an additional €10.

Looking on O2 website I think you can get a basic unlimited package for €60, which is fantastic value, considering calls cost them .01 cent.

Can someone tell me what tethering means?

I would love to use a second phone as I have milia car kits fitted to everything, and still have the ifone on the same number. I think it's possible in uk, but not here.:(
in a way it is, compared to the likes of the packages you get in the uk say.
but im kinda tied to voda here, others havnt got the coverage, 02 is the next best and its piss poor.
that package costs about 50-60 odd, ive a lot of add ons on top of it.
id make a lot of uk calls so while some may do unlimited they get you about right with the international ones.
tbh, anytime i ever looked at other service providers i didnt see a whole pile of difference in them, they are all singing off the one hymn sheet if you ask me.
im happy enuf with it neway, service is fair good and they keep upgrading my phones fairly often too.

Emobile with Eircom are doing a very limited offer which ends at the end of the month.

All inclusive, unlimited calls to all networks and landlines for €35 per month. It's at half price at the minute and quids cheaper than I'm getting from O2

Emobile with Eircom are doing a very limited offer which ends at the end of the month.

All inclusive, unlimited calls to all networks and landlines for €35 per month. It's at half price at the minute and quids cheaper than I'm getting from O2

I had a look online and theres lots of talk of poor coverage and dropped calls with emobile. :001_unsure:

I had a look online and theres lots of talk of poor coverage and dropped calls with emobile. :001_unsure:

Agreed - you really need to be with Vodafone or O2 to avoid this or indeed 3 in light of recent signed agreements.

Back