Mobile and Internet packages

Can't be any worse than 02, as their coverage is piss poor on our farm, road home, house etc!

Can't be any worse than 02, as their coverage is piss poor on our farm, road home, house etc!

By all accounts it could well be worse!
You might well be lucky and emobile (same as meteor I believe) might be good in your area, but 18 months is a long time :whistling:

O2 is a disaster here too. Used to be excellent up until a few months ago. I cant change because my contract isn't up until the end of the year. Emobile are supposed to be hopeless too around here.

O2 is a disaster here too. Used to be excellent up until a few months ago. I cant change because my contract isn't up until the end of the year. Emobile are supposed to be hopeless too around here.

I've always had Vodafone and tbh, I'm happy enough with it. Signal could be a bit better in the house and there is an occasional 'blackspot' but dropping a call would be very unusual.

Vodafone will let me tether for the laptop but another €20 a month.

I think I'll keep going as I am but shorten my broadband deal for the same price per month.

My internet was down recently and i had to resort to using a smartphone. This was cracking me up so I downloaded an app that allowed me to tether to the laptop. Worked surprisingly well tbh!

My internet was down recently and i had to resort to using a smartphone. This was cracking me up so I downloaded an app that allowed me to tether to the laptop. Worked surprisingly well tbh!

Probably not legal though - wait till your next bill!

Not sure - data speed - I'm sure the engineer will tell us later.

You are only the mechanic :D

Personally I wouldnt worry about it, they will still be gaining out of it. I certainly wouldnt be paying them every month for the privilege :whistling:

Found out today that Vodafone do allow tethering but only up to your data limit.

They also offer an add on to allow up to 10GB of data.

Could be sorted yet!

Noticed today that Vodafone have changed a lot of their plans recently and now the max data you can get is 6GB and for that you have to pay for the priviledge up to €75.:rolleyes::no:

Gone backways IMV.

Noticed today that Vodafone have changed a lot of their plans recently and now the max data you can get is 6GB and for that you have to pay for the priviledge up to €75.:rolleyes::no:

Gone backways IMV.

Thats some balls, it seems now that so many people have gone to smart phones their cashing in on it big time with stupid rates for relatively small data,

€20 a month 3 prepay here atm and with that its unlimited data, but they want extra for tethering i think(did it once or twice when i had to but never paid attention to the credit situation....

Thats some balls, it seems now that so many people have gone to smart phones their cashing in on it big time with stupid rates for relatively small data,

€20 a month 3 prepay here atm and with that its unlimited data, but they want extra for tethering i think(did it once or twice when i had to but never paid attention to the credit situation....

Absolutely - I think when my contract is up, I will go with a limited data option on the phone and then a wi-fi type of thing for €20 a month as well and that will get around it - back to two things again :rolleyes:

Gone backways IMV.

i've got 8gb from them

but its business super red at €75+VAT a month

now that o2 and 3 have merged, i reckon 3 could be a good network going forward with some great all you can eat data packages

i've got 8gb from them

now that o2 and 3 have merged, i reckon 3 could be a good network going forward with some great all you can eat data packages

I'm quite disappointed with the merger to be honest, i changed from O2 after being with them from my first phone to 3 due to poor data reception here at the house on O2, all was well with 3, much much better reception with data and ordinary phone reception, until around the time of the merger.

Things have gone down hill since, back to lower phone reception and the data has become hit and miss, it will drop of completely at times and other times whilst claiming to have 3G it takes an age to load simple text pages :(

I didn't look at the differential to see how much extra 4G was but perhaps these lower limits are to pay for that.

Cynical I know.

O'hEidin, hopefully 3's customer support will learn from O2.

i've got 8gb from them

they were on to me last week about that package.
im out of contract so i have new friends ringing every week.
it was either that package or the one above it, but i think its up at the top as it is as packages go.
its a 24mth contract with a new phone every 12mths.
only catch is, you renew your contract for 24 months more when you get the new phone in 12...
so essentially, youd be going round in circles.

and there is the possibility that in that 24 mth contract you might be tied to the roaming charges, even when they are to be abolished by the end of 2015, but maybe im being cynical now.

they were on to me last week about that package.
im out of contract so i have new friends ringing every week.
it was either that package or the one above it, but i think its up at the top as it is as packages go.
its a 24mth contract with a new phone every 12mths.
only catch is, you renew your contract for 24 months more when you get the new phone in 12...
so essentially, youd be going round in circles.

and there is the possibility that in that 24 mth contract you might be tied to the roaming charges, even when they are to be abolished by the end of 2015, but maybe im being cynical now.

thats the top package im on. free roaming in uk, free calls and texts to uk 750 worldwide minutes

Be very carefull when dealing with 3 they are a crowd of fceeeers . if you have problems with them , which you will , do not deal with them by phone only by email..

Anybody upgraded lately or renewed their plan? In particular with Vodafone.

I currently have free Vodafone to Vodafone with the HTC One S and a 10GB data add on for tethering all for €50 a month.

The 10GB limit is now gone and I can't get too fancy of a phone either as most of these are now 4G enabled. So any thoughts amongst the learned on plans/phones or any deals done?

I'd like not to have to go with two devices for internet if at all possible.

Probably something again for 18 months or two years.

Back