Mobile broadband router

bk1991

I’m looking for a router to enable me to get broadband in house here. I was told i need a router with a port so i can put an external aeriel on house . What am i looking for

Most mobile broadband routers have the option of an external antenna, this is usually an SMA or TS9 connector.

so when you see a router/modem you like, google the model number and make sure it has the equivalent connector.

don’t ask in the 3 shop or on their customer care chat, as they will tell you that they don’t support external antennas and will only add to confusion.

Most mobile broadband routers have the option of an external antenna, this is usually an SMA or TS9 connector.

so when you see a router/modem you like, google the model number and make sure it has the equivalent connector.

don’t ask in the 3 shop or on their customer care chat, as they will tell you that they don’t support external antennas and will only add to confusion.

what kinda brands of both antena or router would you recomend

Are you in a contract with a supplier or do you intend to take one out?

if so you’ll get a router as part of the deal

not with anyone at present I think the only one with good signal is vodafone. The router they supply you cant put an external aerial and not sure if it has the ports to be able to connect up cameras etc

Would he not be better getting an unlocked router? Can chop and change provider then

Would he not be better getting an unlocked router? Can chop and change provider then

he would for sure, but its more work and hard to get your hands on at the moment if you were in a hurry for it, wheras he could pick one up in vodafone tomorrow.

Got one of THESE recently to operate a couple of wifi ptz cameras while calving. It runs on THIS PAYG SIM that cost £15 per month with 50GB data. Cameras are 70ft apart but the router seems to transmit signal much further if necessary. All works well and after calving I intend to cancel till next year.

Back