mounting bracket for wrapper

Mayo man

Going to put our 110-90 on the wrapper this year , so have to put in a bracket to hold the joy stick , dont want to drill cab . so has any one a pic of how they done there own , or any ideas , thanks all ,:thumbup:

what wrapper is it? a mchale 991? i know this has a heavy joystick what about using the bolts that hold the right hand side of the seat down? ie nake a bracket that comes up and forward from the base of the seat where it bolts to cab iyswim. might need longer bolts and need to bush up the other side to keep level but would be using existing holes
just an idea :001_smile:

its a mchale alright , that would be a idea , as long as it would clear the spool leavers and lift controlls , it would take a bit of making

not too much room in the 90 series for a stand alone bracket, but mind you there isnt much room in any yoke these days.
any of the ones i made i bolted a flt plate onto the side of the mud guard and had the plate to take the joystick on it, id scutch the mudguard on the outside to seal it up, or use denso tape to seal it.
or, ive removed the arm rest once and made a bracket from the original arm rest plate with a bit of foam for a rest and the joystick at the end of it.
i never heard back about it so it must of worked.
altho the seat back isnt the strongest part tho to be fitting much onto.
just an idea tho.

like tinman the ones we have made have been bolted onto the mudguards, but i like the sound of the armrest idea, we have the mchale 991 bc so have 4 levers to contend with, i was thinking of using my massey to wrap with this time and have been looking for a place for the controls i had thought about the armrest as mine is missing anyway so i could make a new one with a socket in it for the wrapper control, but dont know.
never sat in a 90 series fiat so dont know what the space is like in there, maybe the armrest would be the best option, certainly would be nice to use

i dont think it would take the weight of a spool dave, the joystick would be its max id say.

armrest could be the way to go . if it broke id be looking for a new seat !!! the joy stick is heavy enough , i dont know why machale made the pipes for it so short , feck all slack on my one , elec controll box sounds good about now :whistling:

armrest could be the way to go . if it broke id be looking for a new seat !!! the joy stick is heavy enough , i dont know why machale made the pipes for it so short , feck all slack on my one , elec controll box sounds good about now :whistling:
i have the lecky box on ours, its handy no doubt, just stick it to the window and your away.

The arm rest sounds like a good idea for the operator.

All the ones round here that I've seen are bolted to the mudguard in some shape or form.

Just a thought.... could you make a bracket that would clamp around the handle of the side window that would still sit far enough foward to make it easy to use......?
I never done any wrapping so excuse my ignorance if it's way off...... :001_rolleyes:

its not the whole spool but a block with 4 levers and cables to it, its a bit of weight but not to exesive i wouldn't of thought.

Has anyone made up a bracket for a mchale 911B wrapper have one here and I'm not sure where to mount it, was thinking maybe off the back mudguard or the back pillar of the tractor. The pipes are so short I don't think I'll be able to mount it anywhere in the tractor which means I'd have to leave the window open to work the 4 levers.

When we had a 991b we extended all the pipes, mounted it in the cab of Masseys. On a 54 series there’s 3 bolts on the right hand side on top of the mudguard u can take out the bolts and make a bracket to put in the place, on a 42 series on the back window frame there’s a little triangle that comes off with 2 bolts we made a bracket that went in the place of the 2 bolts. On a 600 series we just bolted a bracket on the mudguard just behind the lift controls.

Has anyone made up a bracket for a mchale 911B wrapper have one here and I'm not sure where to mount it, was thinking maybe off the back mudguard or the back pillar of the tractor. The pipes are so short I don't think I'll be able to mount it anywhere in the tractor which means I'd have to leave the window open to work the 4 levers.

friend of mine extended all the pipes and set it up in cab of a mx case. Said ya could be listening to it all day. Having hydraulic oil pipes in the cab ain’t ideal but better than hanging out the back window all day.

You should definitely change the hoses and fittings really if you're putting it in the cab. There are a lot of good reasons why you shouldn't have hydraulic hoses in the cab at all.

You should definitely change the hoses and fittings really if you're putting it in the cab. There are a lot of good reasons why you shouldn't have hydraulic hoses in the cab at all.
agreed. the inside of the 7810 was a state after it was on the hedgecutter. had the valve block in the cab and one of the hoses sprung a leak. took a good few hours with jizer to try and clean it up

Last edited:
agreed. the inside of the 7810 was a state after it was on the hedgecutter. had the valve block in the cab and one of the hoses sprang a leak. took a good few hours with jizer to try and clean it up
You'd also be concerned about a high pressure leak...

Back