Mower finds ......things that just shouldn't be in the sward

The worst thing I ever caught with a mower was a full roll of bullwire and attached to that was a concrete stake which also kind of wrapped itself around the conditioner. The farmer who's bit of hay I was mowing announced "oh jaysus I forgot I was going to put up a concrete post and rail fence there, sure I had that stuff out to get a start on the job". Then proceeded to ask if it would be possible to unroll the wire off the conditioner as it's dear stuff. The angle grinder soon put paid to that enquiry. No damage done luckily.

I was asked the same thing with a load of high tensile wile. The farmer was coming down to me. By the time he got there he had hundred of pieces of wire about 2 ft long. He wasn’t impressed. I had the harvester a couple of ac behind so fucked it all in a heap and went on again. The boss told me after he was looking for money off when paying up as I cut uo his good wire that he has fucked out in the field

Was picking up grass one time and came on a deer that got mutilated when it passed through the mower. When I asked the mower man at dinner if it done any damage going through the mower his reply was "what deer?"

I found 3 fawns in the swath last year,asked mowing lad if he'd seen them? "I saw the dead one ,so mowed it because its mother was hanging about" ffs get off your arse and move it out of the grass!

After a local farmer lost 53 out of his 75 cow milking herd to botulism I'm ultra paranoid about anything dead getting in the clamp.

Fella that buckrakes for me got a gearbox for a grass topper complete with the shafts, best of it was they denied it was theirs canny be ours it red pointing to a new on sitting in the yard.

Back