Mucky Manor Pics

muckymanor

Thought I might post a few Pics. It will encourage me to take some more during the summer.

A couple of November and December calves going for market in a the next 2 weeks. Weined about 2 weeks and on nuts. Would usually have kept them until September but it doesn't pay to feed these kind of cattle at current prices.

IMG_20150617_203125_zpsmfzuv0h4.jpg

IMG_20150617_203142_zpszggu2mvv.jpg

Most productive cow I own. 360 day calving interval. Big bag of milk. Calves tiny BB calves that grow into very muscley calves. 7 month old calves in excess of 300kg. Never had a heifer calf from her.

20150613_171550-EFFECTS_zpsnrzj5yan.jpg

The neighbour gave up on getting old meadow hay so we wrapped it yesterday. Cut wet on wednesday morning with conditioner and baled yesterday evening. Mostly water - they cleaned the wrapper off the ground on occasion.

20150730_195052_zps24e50k3g.jpg

20150730_195103_zps29b47b7l.jpg

The neighbour gave up on getting old meadow hay so we wrapped it yesterday. Cut wet on wednesday morning with conditioner and baled yesterday evening. Mostly water - they cleaned the wrapper off the ground on occasion.

20150730_195052_zps24e50k3g.jpg

20150730_195103_zps29b47b7l.jpg
Has the mchale wrapper not a heap of weights at one side to keep it down?
We bent the axle in the tanco and had to fill the tyre at the far side with water to keep it down.
She still lifts off the ground often enough

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

We bent the axle in the tanco and had to fill the tyre at the far side with water to keep it down.

Its a conor wrapper. There is a big weight on it, but it just was not enough for these rolls of water.

The Conor wrapper would have a weight at the far side alright but still ain't enough for some bales . The axle comes bent on the Conor well they used to not sure on the newer ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Conor wrapper would have a weight at the far side alright but still ain't enough for some bales . The axle comes bent on the Conor well they used to not sure on the newer ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tanco has no weight but it's alot lower and wider.
No the axle on the tanco is only a solid shaft comming out of the wheel and about 2.5 ft long you can move it in and out.
It's after bending it anyway Its about as tick as the head of a sledge

Tanco has no weight but it's alot lower and wider.
No the axle on the tanco is only a solid shaft comming out of the wheel and about 2.5 ft long you can move it in and out.
It's after bending it anyway Its about as tick as the head of a sledge

local chap has a tanco and the axle bent on his one as well so must be common issue

Closed the deal on this today. €5500 with the Mf 165. Deal includes some weights for the front. TBH if we get 100kg of weights I'll be happy. It also includes a full service and a new pane of glass for the bottom beneath the rear window. Finally it includes transporting it 50 miles to us and taking the 165 away. Looking forward to getting it now although it will be a couple of weeks before we get it as our mechanic is quite busy with work. Hopefully it will set us up right for the winter though!

20150711_114405_zpsguaetpiw.jpg

20150713_220403_zps3yxpwasb.jpg

20150711_114734_zpslkpbhqjq.jpg

We seem to get a calf here every day in the last 2 weeks. This lad took a bit of pulling made even harder by the mother screaming at me not to chance pulling him on my own and that she would call the vet. No need for a vet. Time, patience and leverage with the jack and its amazing the pressure you can put on without hurting the calf or the cow.

We have a pirate ch bull and its very rare to have to pull a calf. Normally they are small and hardy. This guys dam is a bb so that might account for his size.

Sent from my LG-D686 using Tapatalk

Back