Nash get the cheque book out...again

nashmach

Looking for a tidy 4wd tractor, 85-100hp. Budget is 12k to 14k max and if it came with a loader, great but not essential.

Main must haves are 4wd, trailer brakes, tidy and in good order from a main brand, Ford, Case, Fiat, Landini.

I appreciate it will be no spring chick but it seems anything in this range is not held on to by any garages around here!

In case any member has anything that might suit or know of anything drop me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for a tidy 4wd tractor, 85-100hp. Budget is 12k to 14k max and if it came with a loader, great but not essential.

Main must haves are 4wd, trailer brakes, tidy and in good order from a main brand, Ford, Case, Fiat, Landini.

I appreciate it will be no spring chick but it seems anything in this range is not held on to by any garages around here!

In case any member has anything that might suit or know of anything drop me a PM.

Thanks in advance.
surely theres a decent white cab 40 series about for that money?

Thanks in advance.
88 94 :wub: couple of nice ones in mc hughs adverts but the budget might have to be upped

surely theres a decent white cab 40 series about for that money?

Any I've seen to date can be summarised as follows: cabs where I have cattle lying in cleaner sheds, tyres as smoooth as a snooker table and leaks underneath that Shell would be delighted to see.

I know I'm fussy but the way most tractors are treated of that vintage is nothing short of disgraceful. If theft are like the above, what does it say about servicing.

I've seen some nice 40's too but I may increase the budget by close to a third to a half... and that's not happening.

Youd be lucky to get any sort of decent example of a 6635/7635 for 12 or 14 k ? Maybe at 14 .

And anything decent on that score you are talking 20k or a bit with it.:blushing:

As I say I've had good success on here from purchasing from other members or based on suggestions so that's why I'm asking.

Youd be lucky to get any sort of decent example of a 6635/7635 for 12 or 14 k ? Maybe at 14 .

I was going to suggest them earlier and had a look on done deal and they seem to have gone up in price, you used to be able to get a nice one for 14-15k but not any more

I was going to suggest them earlier and had a look on done deal and they seem to have gone up in price, you used to be able to get a nice one for 14-15k but not any more
no doubt S/H prices have crept up, that is unless you are trying to trade up.

As said, tractor prices have gone up.
€12k to €14k is Ford 10 series territory really, or very shook 40 series.
Not long ago €17-18k would buy a very nice 390T and we would be saying on here that it was too dear..not anymore :no:
No help to you really, all I can suggest is if you see the right tractor, be ready to move fast, and also be ready to up the budget.
At the rate they seem to be rising now, any major delay will lessen your budget anyway.

Last edited:
Would you get a mid 90's 9880 for in or around that budget? There was a lovely one on donedeal earlier this summer, in Tipperary I think, '96, 5500ish hours with a '06 Q40 loader. Good tyres and in really nice order, 14600 was the asking price from memory.

Would you get a mid 90's 9880 for in or around that budget? There was a lovely one on donedeal earlier this summer, in Tipperary I think, '96, 5500ish hours with a '06 Q40 loader. Good tyres and in really nice order, 14600 was the asking price from memory.

A 9880 would be a good bet. The problem is we have such a nice one, any other looks only middling compared to it! The loader was the only thing selling that one IMV.

I've had several comment during harvest how nice our one and what a feisty little tractor it is for the loads behind it.

Why have 2nd hand older tractors gone up in price? You'd think the country's awash with tractors of all ages.

More money around than 10 year ago? Or just dealers prepared to let stuff rot before reducing prices?

Whatever happened to the Landini Ghibli? There were lots of them around here in 2003, think that’s when they were launched. Can’t think when or where I last saw one locally now. Shuttle cable failures was one issue I remember.

A 9880 would be a good bet. The problem is we have such a nice one, any other looks only middling compared to it! The loader was the only thing selling that one IMV.

I've had several comment during harvest how nice our one and what a feisty little tractor it is for the loads behind it.
are you replacing it or will this be alongside it. I think if replacing I’d push the budget up slightly but if working alongside what you have you can take slightly more risk maybe on a higher hour tractor?

are you replacing it or will this be alongside it. I think if replacing I’d push the budget up slightly but if working alongside what you have you can take slightly more risk maybe on a higher hour tractor?

Good question, along side, nothing going.

My card was well and truly marked that the 3600 was staying!!! And I don't want World War 3...

Good question, along side, nothing going.

My card was well and truly marked that the 3600 was staying!!! And I don't want World War 3...
There was a 10/11kish hour JD6900 I saw on the other forums classified section a few months ago that would have fit in your budget, it was a private sale from an arable farm and subsequently found its way to a dealer and sold for 5k more than that.

I think looking across the pond for something from a similar situation is about your only hope for something you'd be happy with condition wise. You will find much better value if you look for a 130+ hp 6 cylinder tractor

What have you got in the yard at the moment then Nash?

Ford 3000, Ford 3600 and Landini 9880.

There was a 10/11kish hour JD6900 I saw on the other forums classified section a few months ago that would have fit in your budget, it was a private sale from an arable farm and subsequently found its way to a dealer and sold for 5k more than that.

I think looking across the pond for something from a similar situation is about your only hope for something you'd be happy with condition wise. You will find much better value if you look for a 130+ hp 6 cylinder tractor

I have no interest in a big 6 cyl like that at all, it would be wasted here and I've no interest in tooling up to suit it either at the present time.

Thanks in advance.
Not a main brand but..................
http://www.rvwpugh.co.uk/used-2805-Used-Steyr-9094-Tractor.html

Whatever happened to the Landini Ghibli? There were lots of them around here in 2003, think that’s when they were launched. Can’t think when or where I last saw one locally now. Shuttle cable failures was one issue I remember.

There is one in a dealer local to you but You'd need a haz mat suit getting in it :no:

What would you reckon your own 9880 is worth now @nashmach ?

Back