Nash get the cheque book out...again

What would you reckon your own 9880 is worth now @nashmach ?

Including the loader, probably close to 20k. Original tyres probably let it down.

I did see one without a loader recently for 18k and a year newer, better tyres, more hours, no loader and not as sharp for context.

Including the loader, probably close to 20k. Original tyres probably let it down.

I did see one without a loader recently for 18k and a year newer, better tyres, more hours, no loader and not as sharp for context.
Big advantage having 2 the same in the yard though if it works out. I know you’ll always compare one against the other but knowledge parts servicing etc just easier.

Theres your answer then, the tractor you buy for €12-14k is going to be a different machine altogether.

Your getting into " down the back yard" territory at that money nash. No offence and you wont be happy with a tatty or rough one.

what about the likes of a massey 3070 or 3080 or would the hours be too high in them before you'd consider it? id say be hard enough to find decent enough 300 series for the budget. same could be said for a ford 7610 or 7810

A 9880 would be a good bet. The problem is we have such a nice one, any other looks only middling compared to it! The loader was the only thing selling that one IMV.

I've had several comment during harvest how nice our one and what a feisty little tractor it is for the loads behind it.

I thought it looked OK, albeit I didnt study it in any great detail.
If I'm looking at a secondhand machine for sale, ill always have a few bob for to fix any odds and ends that aren't right. Otherwise one could be forever trying to find the perfect one.

I know you don't want too big but the size you're after seems to be the hardest size to buy. Every stock man wants 100 hp give or take. Haven't really been looking but I'd bet you'd probably have a better selection and no dearer at 140 to 150 hp these generally come off tillage farms and are spotless compared to an ex dairy man's castoffs with slurry flowing out the doors and baler twine tying the lift arms together from when he cut off the stabilisers because they seized up.

You know me too well @Mf240.

Being too fussy is a terrible trait.
Just searched tractors 10k-20k on donedeal.ie, I don't think there was one tractor that jumped out at me that I'd call mint or that would even be tempting. England would be the best hope, I'd say a white cab 40 series in good but not mint condition would probably be best available for 14k

I know that's what you said... But is it really what you meant?? i just thought you might like one final chance to buy the dream machine before you spend your money on something else!

Sure it would break your heart to sell it!!!

Sure I'll bid you a few hundred for it anyway :drunk::woot:

Back