Nash get the cheque book out...again

I find that it has no better lift capacity than the mf165 that it replaced. Its certainly not able to lift what our mf168 will lift and is nowhere near as stable, even with the front weight. Its a comfortable tractor and has been reliable but I'm not always the driver - sometimes its my wife or a person that looks at and feeds cattle for us when we are not around. I would let neither put in a heavy bale of after grass silage with it as neither find it safe. It wasn't made for lifting a bale of silage that's close to a ton weight. You can see it in the arms - one of which has worn at the inner ball and will have to be replaced before we start feeding this year.

The splitter is out about 4 inches further than a standard bale handler which doesn't help.

What Tyre setting have you the 5030 on? That might be making it unstable, they really are only a 4000 with a 5000 engine and abetter cab at the end of the day.

what about the likes of a case 956xl. they seem to be down nash's alley

Last edited:
That won’t hang around for long I’d say
Know a lad that went to see it Friday, was 1 lad after looking at it, he looked and didn’t suit him, while he was looking at it 2 more lads wer waiting to look at it... he left 20mins later gone off DoneDeal!

Back