Nashmach's Pictures

20190301_124955.jpg 20190301_124949.jpg

Hard to believe that is was May 14th or 15th when this field was ploughed last year and not in half as good of condition then. Plenty of dung turned up again so I'm hoping that will gradually be broken down. I've suspected OM was an issue with this field all along.

It wasn't planned on ploughing this week but it was a third done when I came home yesterday and there was no stopping my father this morning :laugh:

View attachment 63536 View attachment 63537

Hard to believe that is was May 14th or 15th when this field was ploughed last year and not in half as good of condition then. Plenty of dung turned up again so I'm hoping that will gradually be broken down. I've suspected OM was an issue with this field all along.

It wasn't planned on ploughing this week but it was a third done when I came home yesterday and there was no stopping my father this morning :laugh:

Will you sow it next weekend weather permitting or will you hold out until Patrick's Day?

Will you sow it next weekend weather permitting or will you hold out until Patrick's Day?

That block is plenty early at the end of March. Regardless hold out till Paddy's weekend, got bitten a good few years ago going much earlier.

That block is plenty early at the end of March. Regardless hold out till Paddy's weekend, got bitten a good few years ago going much earlier.

There's a few sowing barley around here chancing it while the goings good.

Why the wider track width Nash?

It comes as a comfort to me to see someone else doing it!

Is it a little harder to steer now?

The tramlines in the oats are on that setting and planning on sowing the barley on the same setting.

I wish I could have just said following experts like yourself :laugh:

Little harder alright but not too bad, power steering Would help!

Why the wider track width Nash?

It comes as a comfort to me to see someone else doing it!

Is it a little harder to steer now?

Is your one a handful steering at the wider width Cork? Or are you narrower than 72in?

I don't recall yours having the front wheels dished like ours.

Is your one a handful steering at the wider width Cork? Or are you narrower than 72in?

I don't recall yours having the front wheels dished like ours.

It’s been at 72” with years now but I definitely recall it being easier at the narrow width. Front and back are 72” here. Our axle is wider in front but as you say, the wheels aren’t dished out.

It’s been at 72” with years now but I definitely recall it being easier at the narrow width. Front and back are 72” here. Our axle is wider in front but as you say, the wheels aren’t dished out.

Ah right. We are more like 64 or 68 on the front at this setting.

I was waiting on Bog Man to come down with the loader to give me a hand picking stones....:sad: 3 runs in a four acre field. Now humungus that's why the loader stays on!!
20190330_134150.jpg

The Horsch 6m and Quadtrac were out too.... 40 year old tractor this year and drill is probably 35. Last field for 2019, last year it was the 20th of May or thereabouts.

20190331_130246.jpg

Plenty of this spread too in the past week, let's hope it does what it says on the wrapper and meet my targets!! We were testing the 3600 a bit with it too...
20190401_151040.jpg 20190329_123451.jpg

I was waiting on Bog Man to come down with the loader to give me a hand picking stones....:sad: 3 runs in a four acre field. Now humungus that's why the loader stays on!!
View attachment 64496

The Horsch 6m and Quadtrac were out too.... 40 year old tractor this year and drill is probably 35. Last field for 2019, last year it was the 20th of May or thereabouts.

View attachment 64497

Plenty of this spread too in the past week, let's hope it does what it says on the wrapper and meet my targets!! We were testing the 3600 a bit with it too...
View attachment 64498 View attachment 64499

A stone fork would be handy on the loader instead of the bucket

Great to see roller in action I’d say you don’t know yourself covering ground so easily!

Great to see roller in action I’d say you don’t know yourself covering ground so easily!

I'd say the neighbours are delighted too not listening to the flat roller going the road.:laugh:

Speeds up the job no end and much less wheelings as well.

I'd say the neighbours are delighted too not listening to the flat roller going the road.:laugh:

Speeds up the job no end and much less wheelings as well.
Its a great job for flattening the rock art that people use to protect their lawns .

Back