Nashmach's Pictures

We have owned this sprayer since April/May 2005, I can remember being "dragged" away from studying for college exams to go look at it.

Today was the first day it was not on the Ford 3600, when you are so used to something it is odd to have it on this and hardly knowing it is there at all.

View attachment 84884

Unfortunately none of us have long enough legs so the controls will need work if it stays.

The booms are that high to spray oats, I've since let them down to more normal levels!
Is there a bit of building work underway....?

We have owned this sprayer since April/May 2005, I can remember being "dragged" away from studying for college exams to go look at it.

Today was the first day it was not on the Ford 3600, when you are so used to something it is odd to have it on this and hardly knowing it is there at all.

View attachment 84884

Unfortunately none of us have long enough legs so the controls will need work if it stays.

The booms are that high to spray oats, I've since let them down to more normal levels!
On our old hardi had a cable control mechanism which was mounted in the cab. It just done on off. Didn't do sections

Are you doing some building work, the wall in the background looks fresh

Ye don't miss much do ye lads!! That's only up a week now, tidying up the place a bit, not a great time of the year at it.

Tidy this up in the spring and next part next year all going okay.

I see you gave Tom a start with the new digger

An 8t digger would be no good to It's owners, that's a 21 or 22t digger.

On our old hardi had a cable control mechanism which was mounted in the cab. It just done on off. Didn't do sections

Had thought of that, MIGHT trade it along instead, I have been thinking of a 1000l sprayer for a while now.

Not sure how common that cable is either, it would work grand anyway.

Ya go for hardi again?

Not sure yet, open to all makes really. 12m, 1000lt, induction hopper, hydraulic raise/lower are musts.

I'd be happy with hydraulic booms too if they stopped some of the boom flapping I have on hills and simple straightforward electric controls.

Not sure yet, open to all makes really. 12m, 1000lt, induction hopper, hydraulic raise/lower are musts.

I'd be happy with hydraulic booms too if they stopped some of the boom flapping I have on hills and simple straightforward electric controls.
Yep they all make the job easier. Def go for hydraulic opening on booms. Makes it handier again. Just be weary of the extra weight of the sprayer is all I'll say. That berthoud of ours is a heavy machine when empty.

Yep they all make the job easier. Def go for hydraulic opening on booms. Makes it handier again. Just be weary of the extra weight of the sprayer is all I'll say. That berthoud of ours is a heavy machine when empty.

The extra weight is one I'd be wary of alright. Nothing will be as light as we have currently!

The last Berthoud we had was 800 lts and 12m wide, everything was manual fold/rise etc. I carried it full on the 272 along with a full set of weights up front and it was nicely balanced and stable. I then got a Berthoud Force 1000 lt 15m with all the bells and whistles and the 272 did well to move it with a few hundred litres in it. The 85hp Ford can carry it with full tank and without weights on level ground but I use the full set of weights when spraying in general as the rinse and wash down tank must hold another couple of hundred liters along with the 1000lts tank. So the Case or Landini should be fine with most 1000 lt sprayers.

Another vote for hydraulic fold, especially on hills and land with ESB poles. Would you consider trailed. Personally prefer mounted especially on 12/15 trams but it would address weight issue.

That's the thing, on paper one would work but I've heard plenty of negative reports on them.
The alternative is fold around the cab which has its downsides also although it works here. I do think if they are properly maintained and cables are kept tight then the hyb could be a reasonable solution especially at those prices given that they are both the newer models also.

Back