Neighbour falling out

Boundary boy

Put in a cow roadway last year to cross a quiet road to rented ground. The road runs along the boundary of the house (a site sold years ago.)

Asked the person at the time, they'd no issues with it. This year they're complaining about noise from the quad going past in the morning, dirt on the road in wet (minor staining imo) dust when its dry and car goes by etc.

Things have escalated recently and they're threatening legal advice they've friends in the dept. Bird bia etc.

Do they have a case? Or just being nasty? Up to this point I would go out of my way to be accommodating to their concerns but its just getting worse.
Any advice appreciated. Received a very passive aggressive text this morning again listing their issues and demanding the roadway be moved. Should I just ignore it altogether? Or politely respond?

Also been keeping record of the road to ensure its clean enough

Put in a cow roadway last year to cross a quiet road to rented ground. The road runs along the boundary of the house (a site sold years ago.)

Asked the person at the time, they'd no issues with it. This year they're complaining about noise from the quad going past in the morning, dirt on the road in wet (minor staining imo) dust when its dry and car goes by etc.

Things have escalated recently and they're threatening legal advice they've friends in the dept. Bird bia etc.

Do they have a case? Or just being nasty? Up to this point I would go out of my way to be accommodating to their concerns but its just getting worse.
Any advice appreciated. Received a very passive aggressive text this morning again listing their issues and demanding the roadway be moved. Should I just ignore it altogether? Or politely respond?

I think you'll have to engage with them. Councils have been pretty hot on stock on roads the past few years so a bit of work now might save the thing escalating

I think the best think is to talk to a solicitor yourself, he/she will put you straight

Is it worth approaching them or inviting them around for a cup of tae. I know it’s not the easiest thing to do but an intervention now and an open approach might help diffuse the situation. You can both then outline your concerns and thoughts and maybe achieve a resolution. Once solicitors etc get involved everybody tends to dig in and its very hard to get things resolved Never mind the cost of it all....

again I fully appreciate it’s not an easy thing to do and it will be hard to keep cool heads if you do meet up but it could be very worth the effort

I agree that solicitors are the last resort but he is already talking that way, and I think a bit of Ammo from your own solicitor might be no harm
Asking him in the first place about putting the roadway there was a decent gesture, but this might now be giving him the idea that he can reverse it.

I know of a similar situation close to me at home locally, woman getting very irate about the road conditions outside her house. The farmer told her straight out one day that the cows were there before her and that the cows would be there after her too. She was threatening legal etc but she had no case from what I was told so hasn't gone any further thus far anyways.

I'm mildly amused by the issue with the noise of the quad, do they expect to live in the country without vehicle noise, no car tractor truck motorcycle or quad noise.

I'm mildly amused by the issue with the noise of the quad, do they expect to live in the country without vehicle noise, no car tractor truck motorcycle or quad noise.
He's upsetting their Saturday morning sleep in.

To answer your question. Yes and they expect no odours too, ever

I know of a similar situation close to me at home locally, woman getting very irate about the road conditions outside her house. The farmer told her straight out one day that the cows were there before her and that the cows would be there after her too. She was threatening legal etc but she had no case from what I was told so hasn't gone any further thus far anyways.
She might not, but some farmers leave roads in a terrible state, I really dont know why the councils don't do more about it, roads covered in shit all winter, remember while the neighbour may not be able to do anything legally it doesnt mean their friends in the department can't make life difficult.

You consulted this individual at the time which was courteous, they expressed no objection. I'd forget about inviting over for " cup of tea " as you were already considerate

I would do nothing, better let someone take you to court than the other way around, solicitors will take work anywhere they are offered it so don't employ one until forced to

council landed out to a local farmer on complaints the public road was like a cow track with him marching couple of hundred cows up 4 times a day .He fuked them all roads and told them he was going to buy another 100 cows!!!

council landed out to a local farmer on complaints the public road was like a cow track with him marching couple of hundred cows up 4 times a day .He fuked them all roads and told them he was going to buy another 100 cows!!!
He has no right to mess up a public road, a lot of these guys would never dream of investing in a underpass or even a road sweeper!, theres a big difference between what the OP is doing on his own property and some thick prick that thinks he can do what he likes on public property and feck everyone else and its that attitude which results in support for the likes of An Taisce, not too many other businesses would get away with continually damaging roads like some of these guys do.

Back