Net wrap, silage wrap.

Picked up a 3600 roll, can’t remember the brand but it’s on the account at €255, so that would be about €178 for a 2500 roll

No fault to ou Tully but silawrap is Not good wrap, their site claims its a 3 layer wrap, not long ago it was 2 layer, maybe they upped the game a bit but I'd be suspicious tbh, costs a lot to do that.

Like tama others have passed them by.
We used to use it here but ended up with a must problem, changed the wrap brand to 5 layer film first and there was a big difference in results.

Thats interesting as we either use Silawrap or Volac, 6 Layers stacked 4 high and never notice any problems? what problems should we be having?

Used to use Siloshite about 10 years ago and the wrapper man hated it, the finishing of it was when we got a faulty batch that was used on our own bales, it was like tracing paper, no tack and was blowing off the bales. the rep cam out and blamed the weather, the wrapper, the stacker and everything else other than the wrap, so I never bought any since.

Id herd complaints about tama recently but cant complain in our own experience, 2.5 layers although the wrapper is usually not far behind.

When we had the Krone there were some amount of bales burst if the wrapper wasn't right on its tail, and it wasn't putting half the stuff that's going into bales now a days.

As an update I have bought a pallet of silawrap £78. Might give the visqueen a try at £72 after what @Tullyvernon has said about silotite, good chance it was it I had the bad experience with. Mind its only 30p a bale

Thats interesting as we either use Silawrap or Volac, 6 Layers stacked 4 high and never notice any problems? what problems should we be having?

Used to use Siloshite about 10 years ago and the wrapper man hated it, the finishing of it was when we got a faulty batch that was used on our own bales, it was like tracing paper, no tack and was blowing off the bales. the rep cam out and blamed the weather, the wrapper, the stacker and everything else other than the wrap, so I never bought any since.

Id herd complaints about tama recently but cant complain in our own experience, 2.5 layers although the wrapper is usually not far behind.

When we had the Krone there were some amount of bales burst if the wrapper wasn't right on its tail, and it wasn't putting half the stuff that's going into bales now a days.
Ach sure, if your as happy with the wrap your using as I am with mine we'll both have a good day. 👍

zeus back to 105 euro all in ,in the local store
silotite 100 euro just below mullen market, heading for Enniskillen

The levy another scam just like the carbon tax
buy a roll here ,get the levy number and buy the rest in the North,alot of wrap sold in stores in the Midlands, West and parts of the South comes from the North anyways.
and get it collected at the yards and there's not a word about codes,but then again it's the Republic,if would have to be arseways.
collect the used plastic by weight ,job done and no messing with codes etc

buy a roll here ,get the levy number and buy the rest in the North,alot of wrap sold in stores in the Midlands, West and parts of the South comes from the North anyways.
and get it collected at the yards and there's not a word about codes,but then again it's the Republic,if would have to be arseways.
collect the used plastic by weight ,job done and no messing with codes etc
i brought a load of wrap to the mart during the week organised by iffpg, 35 per half ton (up a tenner on last year) with the code, when I went to pay they never even asked for it

Back