Net wrap, silage wrap.

ithastopay

Just thought we could keep all the information together in here.
Bought net today, i tried a few rolls of it last year and we were happy with it i can't remember the name of it, ill post the name when i get it, went for 3600m €165 per roll.
Ive heard that the bigger rolls are the same weight as 3600 just pre-stretched and the net is prone to bursting on the new mchale balers, anyone else here this?
Have not priced plastic yet, i heard there is a good amount of wrap in stock from last year to be sold, prices i heard are €82 and expected to rise €6/roll when the old stock is moved on.

Using Tama net here for the last 4 or 5 years, either the 3600m or 4200m roll. Haven't priced anything yet this year but I know it's not cheap. Last years invoices are all with the accountant so I don't know what it was costing. The bigger roll is certainly not the same weight as the smaller one though, you'd know you were lifting it. Haven't a clue about plastic, haven't bought a roll of it since '08 or '09.

What do lads fined best on the welger?
I tink I'll try tama with it just for peace of mind anyway I hear they can be contrary at times.
The mchale seems to use any net.
Used a few 4000m roles and I wouldn't use them again. Not great at the start of it.

Does anyone know how available this pink plastic will be

Bought net today, i tried a few rolls of it last year and we were happy with it i can't remember the name of it, ill post the name when i get it, went for 3600m €165 per roll.
Ive heard that the bigger rolls are the same weight as 3600 just pre-stretched and the net is prone to bursting on the new mchale balers, anyone else here this?
Have not priced plastic yet, i heard there is a good amount of wrap in stock from last year to be sold, prices i heard are €82 and expected to rise €6/roll when the old stock is moved on.
yes, ive heard of lads that used it and found it a bit lighter, not too many stock it about here tbh, its nearly all the 3600.
the roll is still the same size, but then again tippcon says its heavier, altho i dont know how they could roll it any tighter.

What do lads fined best on the welger?
I tink I'll try tama with it just for peace of mind anyway I hear they can be contrary at times.
The mchale seems to use any net.
Used a few 4000m roles and I wouldn't use them again. Not great at the start of it.

Does anyone know how available this pink plastic will be
ive tried a right few different types of net in the welger and she never refused to run on any of it tbh.
there is a right bit of setting up on the net if she was adjusted or not pdi'd right the first day, but if you have her set right she will use anything.

found the visqqueen net to be nearly as good as the tama, but its hard to get so even tho its dearer i use all tama now.
it leaves no ears on the bale, which means you wont have air pockets.

What width rolls are ye using?
We used 125 last year, full cover but not going down the sides.
whatever the standard width is, im not 100% sure what it is tbh.

the only problem i see with it is lads do be complaining that the net is hard to cut off the corners when the bale is standing up.
i get their point, but id rather have no ears.

1.23 I think we were using, 1.25 now and there is a bigger one which goes down the sides, the 1.25 is working fine, no problems taking off the net when the bale is on its end.

would astral be the net ya bought today? plain white rolls? tried couple rolls of that 4200m net last year. seemed to work alright but seemed a very weak net

1.23 I think we were using, 1.25 now and there is a bigger one which goes down the sides, the 1.25 is working fine, no problems taking off the net when the bale is on its end.
ill pay more heed the next time i get a few rolls.

would astral be the net ya bought today? plain white rolls? tried couple rolls of that 4200m net last year. seemed to work alright but seemed a very weak net
id be putting on on avg about 2.3 turns of the tama.
but it seems every year there will be a field that the bales just burst, not them all, but enough to make you have to come back and re bale them, they might only be sitting for a few hours but it seems its certain types of grass.
98% of the time 2.3 is fine.
imo not much point in putting anything under 3.2 from 2.3 as there will still be a weak spot in the net, and it id be getin dear at that...

still, its a first world problem really.

Don't think that's the name, its being delivered tomorrow or saturday, we had no problems with it last year, we used tama before and id rate this stuff as good, what do ye think of the price of €165 for 3600m.

Don't think that's the name, its being delivered tomorrow or saturday, we had no problems with it last year, we used tama before and id rate this stuff as good, what do ye think of the price of €165 for 3600m.

sounds good price. think astral is similar money. we use it cos works well and its snow white so looks very well on hay/straw. dont like the tama on hay or straw. maybe were too fussy

Does anyone have advice on the amount of net necessary in a fusion?
So far I have been using 2.5 turns approx. on short soft green grass.
I presume less might do especially on mature grass.
Its tama net at the moment.
ithink its slot 4 the net adjuster is in.

That's almost 2 cent a meter cheaper than tama, if its decent quality you couldn't go wrong

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

kerry agribusiness store quoting 78 euros for top tsretch and 80 for volac for silage wrap, thats if you pay there and then

Used a orange nd green brand here last year and was getting 25 bales a roll more than another roll the same length.I'm bad with names so I can't remember the brand.

Used a orange nd green brand here last year and was getting 25 bales a roll more than another roll the same length.I'm bad with names so I can't remember the brand.
rondosil would it be.
my spelling mightnt be right tho.

its good net that, i used it for years.
i found it was the only net that a claas baler would use without any hassle.
Don't claas have there own net now? I tink it's tama tho.
Tell me with the krone she used put the net down over the side of the bale. It made them look great but would it be a balls in winter?

Does anyone have advice on the amount of net necessary in a fusion?

So far I have been using 2.5 turns approx. on short soft green grass.

I presume less might do especially on mature grass.

Its tama net at the moment.

ithink its slot 4 the net adjuster is in.

slot 2 or 3 is suffice

slot 7 for hay/straw

I see Quinn trying to reinvent themselves in the wrap market, 'twill take a while to convince people that they have moved on from the previous crap.:001_unsure:

I was in the co-op today and asked the price of wrap. I was told €85 for silawrap, and that it could go up at any time.... :001_huh:

165 is good, i was quoted €180 + for the 3600 tama this morn.

Back