Net wrap, silage wrap.

is it just me, or is all plastic pretty sh%te nowadays

The result of the relentless race to the bottom in terms of price. Same with covers. Manufacturers cutting corners over the years to beat the next guy, there are only so many corners that can be cut.

I sell a bit of this stuff from time to time to the trade - worst margin thing I’ve ever come across, ever.
It’s such a pity the way the whole thing is gone, if you’re out 50c on a roll then you don’t get the sale.
Personally, as a farmer I couldn’t give a damn whether a roll is €5 dearer if the actual plastic is top class.

Silage covers used to always be 500 gauge. Then a smart sales manager thought - let’s make them 400 gauge and reduce the price a little...

The same is seen with people buying fodder, it’s all about the price of the bale - not what’s in the bale....

“To know the price of everything and the value of nothing “

I sell a bit of this stuff from time to time to the trade - worst margin thing I’ve ever come across, ever.

I was talking to a sales rep for a Net company recently and and he was telling me exactly that.
The co-ops etc have nothing out of it and only stock it because they feel they have to, and with the hope that they might sell something else with it.

Silawrap rep telling me 6 layers of film per bale is there default.use less at your own risk he says.even with NRF on still use 6 layers as the default is on the wrap.are most wrap manufacturers the same???

Pakrite Pro 74 roll including vat for a pallet
Tama 3600m 217 per roll
Volac 3600 209 per roll.

I like the above products i get on well with them, i go for 6 layers of wrap.

Silawrap rep telling me 6 layers of film per bale is there default.use less at your own risk he says.even with NRF on still use 6 layers as the default is on the wrap.are most wrap manufacturers the same???
Think Volac have 25 micron thickness while Epicrop have 21 microns? Used 6 layers myself but only because I only had 21 micron to hand. It gets expensive with 50% more plastic on. €85 for Epicrop 1650 meter roll.
MF30

€65 per roll inc vat for a full pallet of Rhino wrap. Have used Rhino here for a few years and it's very good. We will be putting on 6 layers.

The only ones I bale for that don't put on 6 layers are the dairy farmers who still use 4

€65 per roll inc vat for a full pallet of Rhino wrap. Have used Rhino here for a few years and it's very good. We will be putting on 6 layers.
That's 52.80 ex vat that's a very good price, haven't seen anything under 58 ex. Does that include levy?

Do lads find a difference in the strenghts of net? Do the so called dearer and stronger nets actually hold the bales together better and help hold there shape?

Back