New Dump trailer opinions

What are Tuff Mac dump trailers like, has anyone any experience of them

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiY292ZXIiLCJ3aWR0aCI6MzAwLCJoZWlnaHQiOjIyNX19LCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18xMzg5MzAwMzEifQ==

What are Tuff Mac dump trailers like, has anyone any experience of them

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiY292ZXIiLCJ3aWR0aCI6MzAwLCJoZWlnaHQiOjIyNX19LCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18xMzg5MzAwMzEifQ==
Have 14t model here, can't fault it . Holds 12 ton of stone full to spilling and steady on road at 50k. Doesn't get massive use but standing up well . Paint wouldn't be fantastic and very slow to come down from full tip , have tried it on few different makes of tractors and all the same

Have 14t model here, can't fault it . Holds 12 ton of stone full to spilling and steady on road at 50k. Doesn't get massive use but standing up well . Paint wouldn't be fantastic and very slow to come down from full tip , have tried it on few different makes of tractors and all the same
What thickness is the floor in them and would the length and width of the chassis be much bigger than a 12t, would a 14t get in the same places as a 12t Chieftain

What thickness is the floor in them and would the length and width of the chassis be much bigger than a 12t, would a 14t get in the same places as a 12t Chieftain
I'm nearly sure it's a 6mm floor, I like it as it's not built light but it's not a heavy pig of a yoke either. I'd class it as a handy trailer for getting in places, anywhere we've wanted to go it's gone anyhow. Ours is on springs which I was a bit wary of at first for tipping as some lads warned me off but I can honestly say that I've never even come close to putting her over and we would be reversing up on stockpiles a lot from stripping topsoil for sites etc.
What price are they new

As above. Depends on its use too. Not light but would be lighter than say an NC. The 14T has just higher sides and bigger rams. The newer ones have a magic rear door like the NC instead of the up and over. Handier job in fairness.
Very handy pull. Mine was missing a few grease nipples but the threaded holes were there. Just poor PDI really but nothing serious.

I'm nearly sure it's a 6mm floor, I like it as it's not built light but it's not a heavy pig of a yoke either. I'd class it as a handy trailer for getting in places, anywhere we've wanted to go it's gone anyhow. Ours is on springs which I was a bit wary of at first for tipping as some lads warned me off but I can honestly say that I've never even come close to putting her over and we would be reversing up on stockpiles a lot from stripping topsoil for sites etc.
What price are they new
I don't know how much they are new, it was a used one that I saw for sale. If something nice around the 7 or 8k euro mark incl VAT comes up I might upgrade the one I have as the skip on it is getting tired from a lot of big stones and rocks
A new 14t NC is 12500stg + VAT and there is a lovely 2017 10t NC :smitten: in Alexander Mills with a magic door and greedy boards but it's 10500stg + VAT, I see a new Herbst 12t on Done Deal for 10995 euro + VAT

I haven't a clue, that's why I'm asking y'see.............. :whistle:
I know it's easy mass generalise cheaper trailers, but I'd rather a good secondhand "big brand" to one of those, a lad I deal with bought a lower tier low loader a few years ago, he priced everything and this was the best priced, which was the main focus at the time. He regrets it big time now, as time goes on it becomes more and more obvious to him where they cut corners and it's in the amount of steel put into them mainly along with a very average finish.

I know it's easy mass generalise cheaper trailers, but I'd rather a good secondhand "big brand" to one of those, a lad I deal with bought a lower tier low loader a few years ago, he priced everything and this was the best priced, which was the main focus at the time. He regrets it big time now, as time goes on it becomes more and more obvious to him where they cut corners and it's in the amount of steel put into them mainly along with a very average finish.
Price of dump trailers seems to have gone as mad as everything else, and no grant.......
Ah I was only curious. I had 2 NC's, 2 McCauley's and 2 Chieftains in the past, hard to beat the NC. I was using a Broughan lately and it's a lovely trailer but mental money I would imagine.

Price of dump trailers seems to have gone as mad as everything else, and no grant.......
Ah I was only curious. I had 2 NC's, 2 McCauley's and 2 Chieftains in the past, hard to beat the NC. I was using a Broughan lately and it's a lovely trailer but mental money I would imagine.
Everything is gone nuts, there's no justification for some things, here's a small example I needed one of these today https://www.trailerspares.ie/ifor-williams-rear-pillar-rh-as5263.html I didn't have time to wait for an online order so drove to SMS in KK, your man said that's a dear little bit, its €50 I said somebody else is really trying to capitalise. A dump trailer is something I'd like to buy, a 16t Dooley for actual dump trailer work would be my choice, if I wanted a more multipurpose the likes of a Broughan or Smyth. I hate any dump trailer on rocking bogies, rougher to pull and seem to create bigger ruts in ground. https://www.donedeal.ie/otherfarming-for-sale/16-tonne-trailer/31980383

Everything is gone nuts, there's no justification for some things, here's a small example I needed one of these today https://www.trailerspares.ie/ifor-williams-rear-pillar-rh-as5263.html I didn't have time to wait for an online order so drove to SMS in KK, your man said that's a dear little bit, its €50 I said somebody else is really trying to capitalise. A dump trailer is something I'd like to buy, a 16t Dooley for actual dump trailer work would be my choice, if I wanted a more multipurpose the likes of a Broughan or Smyth. I hate any dump trailer on rocking bogies, rougher to pull and seem to create bigger ruts in ground. https://www.donedeal.ie/otherfarming-for-sale/16-tonne-trailer/31980383
Go ahead....... go ahead......

1666306652931.png

Okay, I will take the bait...
As anybody who has priced a new trailer from IW (or any maker) in recent times knows, prices have taken a number of rises, and continue to do so.
This includes parts unfortunately.
Its easy to pick one part price, and suggest somebody was trying to rob you, but fact is, current UK price on these is £50 + vat, if there are more of them available in Ireland for €40 plus vat, I will happily buy them, but Id imagine when said dealer comes to order more, his price will be changing drastically.
we used to buy direct from the above dealer, but since Brexit, they ceased sending parts outside the UK, so now we source from a NI parts company who are basically a middle man.
So, lets say NI dealer charges us £55 for said part, plus delivery which maybe comes to £1.50 each - £56.50
Sterling rate at the time wasnt great at .83, so we are at €68 cost price plus vat, add 15% mark up (which is very poor for parts really, but there isnt room to add anymore in this case really) and you end up at €95 inc vat and less than a tenner profit.
We sell/stock parts to make money, but tbh, the likes of the above is mainly stocked because we are expected to have it, and its there to get someone back on the road if they wish to pay the hefty price.

Okay, I will take the bait...
As anybody who has priced a new trailer from IW (or any maker) in recent times knows, prices have taken a number of rises, and continue to do so.
This includes parts unfortunately.
Its easy to pick one part price, and suggest somebody was trying to rob you, but fact is, current UK price on these is £50 + vat, if there are more of them available in Ireland for €40 plus vat, I will happily buy them, but Id imagine when said dealer comes to order more, his price will be changing drastically.
we used to buy direct from the above dealer, but since Brexit, they ceased sending parts outside the UK, so now we source from a NI parts company who are basically a middle man.
So, lets say NI dealer charges us £55 for said part, plus delivery which maybe comes to £1.50 each - £56.50
Sterling rate at the time wasnt great at .83, so we are at €68 cost price plus vat, add 15% mark up (which is very poor really, but there isnt room to add anymore in this case really) and you end up at €95 inc vat and less than a tenner profit.
We sell/stock parts to make money, but tbh, the likes of the above is mainly stocked because we are expected to have it, and its there to get someone back on the road if they wish to pay the hefty price.
@Claas Grass, we have @Mike on the line, do you want to talk to him about the price of the parts.......... go ahead............ go ahead................

Back