New Dump trailer opinions

I paid my deposit and I’m awaiting delivery in June,it’s a 20t trailer so I’ve no idea what a 14t is at the minute.
Well June came and went,dealer/importer never answered my emails,did eventually answer the phone,never got back to me,didn’t answer my texts🤬I gave up on the one who sold me the trailer and got his business partner on the phone,long and short of it I let him know I wasn’t happy about the lack of communication (went on for 3 weeks)🤬got a call back yesterday morning to say it’s going to be late half of October,not happy I told him I wanted my deposit back.

The annoying thing is I found a mint 12m old trailer for sale a few weeks back and it’s sold now,there isn’t many 20t dump trailers about,nothing new in stock anywhere except a NC and it’s not what I want.

Well June came and went,dealer/importer never answered my emails,did eventually answer the phone,never got back to me,didn’t answer my texts🤬I gave up on the one who sold me the trailer and got his business partner on the phone,long and short of it I let him know I wasn’t happy about the lack of communication (went on for 3 weeks)🤬got a call back yesterday morning to say it’s going to be late half of October,not happy I told him I wanted my deposit back.

The annoying thing is I found a mint 12m old trailer for sale a few weeks back and it’s sold now,there isn’t many 20t dump trailers about,nothing new in stock anywhere except a NC and it’s not what I want.
Is it an Irish trailer?

Have you tried chieftain trailers or some the lads from ni. They can have stock trailers and the Brexit changes wont apply.

Had you a price agreed, anything new now is going to be up in price

Had you a price agreed, anything new now is going to be up in price

If the price is agreed, they probably want you to cancel because a new build now will be £2 or £3k more, and they are probably losing money on the deal at the "old" price

I understand you don’t want Nc but lad they are some trailer we have 1 with the last 10 years it gets some abuse drawing rocks trees stones and it’s still going strong they are very strong dumpers

Feck that, they really strung you out.

I understand you don’t want Nc but lad they are some trailer we have 1 with the last 10 years it gets some abuse drawing rocks trees stones and it’s still going strong they are very strong dumpers
A4B47535-04DA-4FA0-BB7B-4BD98DF7255C.png87082011-CA23-4E14-9E43-EFB4278BF114.jpegThey are very high trailers in comparison to the Broughan,I want a long and low trailer with a drop tail.
I used a 16t NC and I really rated it,just it doesn’t suit for filling with my weidemann.

Not like Pat & Paul, I wonder if the importers messed up the order in some way?
They way the importer avoided contact I’d say so,trouble is when I emailed Broughan direct it was the importer who replied.

Am I better off ringing them direct?

Not like Pat & Paul, I wonder if the importers messed up the order in some way?
More than likely, most dealers will gather up 4 or 5 orders and try and get a deal on a few bits, often why you see 2/3 units in dealer stock, also in return helps keep the factory busy.

i’d guess by the time the dealer put his order(s) through, the price had changed, steel especially jumped an awful amount very quickly in early 2021, vs mid 2020 it could have gone up 30%, components depending on what they are went up 15-20%

No excuse for not keeping you in the loop, but COVID has slowed everything down an awful lot
Time lost to lockdowns, possibly employees off with it or isolating etc
They could also be waiting for components too. As well as getting more expensive, it has got a lot slower getting parts etc
Right decision to keep the order in IMO, you will have a fine trailer when you do get it

Last edited:
I

Greedy bugger wants £2.5k more than I’m paying for new,ok he’s got it in the yard,I haven’t.
If you priced a new one today how much more would it be compared to the one you have the deposit on, it might be 2.5k more no bother

Back