New Dump trailer opinions

Do you have to buy the dump trailer yourself? Seems like a massive financial outlay, along with possibly hiring a tractor for one job?
I'm looking for it for another lad. Your man with that t7.250 and the low loader. He has good few diggers working for glenveigh so he'd have plenty of use for it.

its is. Going to look at it tommorow. I'd say yourman will likely buy it. Would match the tractor well and if it's the same quality as the low loader it should be perfect.

MeathMassey3 said:
I dont know if that's the case at all. I know a lad who was waiting from the middle of July to last week for a low loader from hogg engineering and yet when grassmen ordered one off the same company they seemed to have it made in less than a month. He paid them for the trailer 2 weeks ago and the day after he paid them they wouldn't answer the phone to him at all. Talk about sheer ignorance, I wouldn't be recommending the crowd anytime soon.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MeathMassey3 said:
I dont know if that's the case at all. I know a lad who was waiting from the middle of July to last week for a low loader from hogg engineering and yet when grassmen ordered one off the same company they seemed to have it made in less than a month. He paid them for the trailer 2 weeks ago and the day after he paid them they wouldn't answer the phone to him at all. Talk about sheer ignorance, I wouldn't be recommending the crowd anytime soon.
That was in terms of ordering the trailer. Said it would be 6 weeks and it ended up taking nearly double that. Great trailer when it's made, just a disaster to be waiting on, especially when your being told nearly every week it'll be ready next week.

MeathMassey3 said:
Buying from a dealer as well. Not direct.

I’d be impressed if you could do it in 5.

Surely they’ll leave it up to you?
I dont know would they arrange delivery. We do know plenty of lads with trucks that would go down and get it but they're looking for at least 600 euro to do it. Probably would cost half that on diesel in the tractor I suppose.

I dont know would they arrange delivery. We do know plenty of lads with trucks that would go down and get it but they're looking for at least 600 euro to do it. Probably would cost half that on diesel in the tractor I suppose.

Of course, any self respecting dealer will deliver, they’ll have to cover their costs in the sale of the machine, but thats what you are paying for.

€600 isn’t dear when its probably going to take the full day for a man in a tractor to do the round trip. Not to mention the €300 in diesel.

McCartneys in Kells would be better value than that provided he was in the area/backloading.

Easy Fella, Sure wouldnt there be a difference of over an hour going from enfield or up near the cavan border?
Up near the cavan border. From nobber more specifically, could get the tractor left in ballbrigan or stamullen tommorow and catch a lift up with the father but I dont know would that really make things any quicker, might have to go moving pipes tommorow anyway with it either so it's looking like nobber for now.

Back