New Dump trailer opinions

Up near the cavan border. From nobber more specifically, could get the tractor left in ballbrigan or stamullen tommorow and catch a lift up with the father but I dont know would that really make things any quicker, might have to go moving pipes tommorow anyway with it either so it's looking like nobber for now.
You'd be doing very well to do it in 4, Closer to 5 I'd say

Of course, any self respecting dealer will deliver, they’ll have to cover their costs in the sale of the machine, but thats what you are paying for.

€600 isn’t dear when its probably going to take the full day for a man in a tractor to do the round trip. Not to mention the €300 in diesel.

McCartneys in Kells would be better value than that provided he was in the area/backloading.
Might see could a deal be struck with farrelly too. I'm sure something can be figured out, have plenty of good suggestions now. Just a matter to see does the trailer click with yourman.

Well did ye crack open the cheque book?
I have no clue did yourman go to see it yet at all. Stuck here trying to fine tune the foot throttle on the 1135. She's just not reving out. The deeper I do go into the more problems I'm finding, wires taped up left right and centre.🙈

Got an update finally. He was too busy today doing footpaths to go look at it so he's going first thing tommorow morning. Still fairly dead set on bringing the tractor, but I suggested the idea of seeing could delivery be included in the deal.

yourman went to look at the hogg today and the deal was nearly done but at last minute a problem was spotted. The oversize wheels make a great job of the dirt ground but you wouldn't fit your finger between the tyre and mudgaurd, tried lifting it up and it got closer again. He done some more digging and is buying a a 20 tonne broughan from Kilkenny. It's set to arrive Monday evening

Wouldn’t be a massive fan of Hogg stuff just knowing their history, made my the same crowd that were MCM (David that ran MCM died so his men started up as hogg). I had a 10 ton MCM low loader and the chassis split, biggest load it took was the EX60. Drawbar had also started to crack. Will see if I have the photos on my old phone.

Wouldn’t be a massive fan of Hogg stuff just knowing their history, made my the same crowd that were MCM (David that ran MCM died so his men started up as hogg). I had a 10 ton MCM low loader and the chassis split, biggest load it took was the EX60. Drawbar had also started to crack. Will see if I have the photos on my old phone.
Working for someone and running your own business are very different things though
Hogg seems to be focused on high quality trailers

Working for someone and running your own business are very different things though
Hogg seems to be focused on high quality trailers
I seen grassmens hogg low loader and another one on the DA Forgie stand at balmoral and I didn’t get a “high quality” vibe from them. This was before I found out who they were, so there was no bias.

Yourmans one is still going alright as of lately. The heaviest load it's had is the zaxis 210 but i suppose it's only a few months old. Only time will tell.

Any pics of the new broughan?
I have no idea what he's at now. He has a 20 tonne smyth bought in Kilkenny now last I heard, he's just sorting out all with his accountant. All I know is it's black, I couldn't go down to see it, had to fix lights on a 3cx for a friend.

Back