New Holland 6635

Blue_baling-twine.jpg

Have you seen this by the way? Verrrrry handy

I have some of that and a bag of the heavy duty version, it's very useful.

My battery mount of gonzo, it's just the battery sitting on the tombstone. I'll have to make something up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211216-154756.png
    Screenshot_20211216-154756.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 29
The 4wd works without issue on the tractor apart from the fact that the light on the dash doesn't light up. I've checked the bulb and it's ok. Any ideas why it isn't lighting up? Is there a separate switch for the light?

The 4wd works without issue on the tractor apart from the fact that the light on the dash doesn't light up. I've checked the bulb and it's ok. Any ideas why it isn't lighting up? Is there a separate switch for the light?
No 4wd light on the dash on the 6640, its on the switch instead. There is a dash light for diff lock and for 1000 speed pto selection.
Jack up one front wheel and spin when engine running to make sure 4wd is disengaging.

No 4wd light on the dash on the 6640, its on the switch instead. There is a dash light for diff lock and for 1000 speed pto selection.
Jack up one front wheel and spin when engine running to make sure 4wd is disengaging.
Does the dash have a square for it on the 6640? I must take a look at the switch and see if there is a bulb in it.

The 4wd does engage and disengage, according the slip test :laugh:

Does the dash have a square for it on the 6640? I must take a look at the switch and see if there is a bulb in it.

The 4wd does engage and disengage, according the slip test :laugh:
Not sure about that though I would have checked when we got it 13 years ago, so I'd say there's no square lamp option.

Not sure about that though I would have checked when we got it 13 years ago, so I'd say there's no square lamp option.
There is a light in the 4wd switch to illuminate it with the sidelights, so I reckon the 4wd light on the dash should light up.

The green dash light should light up and the one in the switch should just light up with the side lights on.

What hours is it reading for that kind of wear.
I have one here with similar wear.
The clock is reading just under 6000 hours but the tachometer cable needs replacing. I would say it hasn't done too much more based on the rest of the tractor.

I had the one here jacked up to take off a wheel and I noticed quite a bit of movement in the track rod ends and the pins at the ends of the steering rams.
No parts have been replaced on that end of it yet. Nearly 12k hours genuine , I have it from new and I would consider it reasonably well maintained. No loader

Last edited:
I had the one here jacked up to take off a wheel and I noticed quite a bit of movement in the track rod ends and the pins at the ends of the steering rams.
No parts have been replaced on that end of it yet. Nearly 12k hours genuine , I have it from new and I would consider it reasonably well maintained. No loader
I drilled my track rod ends on the 6640 and fitted grease nipples, should add another 10k hours to them.

Surprised that there's no loader on it , nearly everyone of those 35 , TLs , 5050 etc that I know of would have a loader on them . Lovely handy tractor for that sort of work .

Safe to say that the ball joint is worn out. As is the pin for the power steering ram.
I fitted new steering bushes on the 3cx lately, the bushes were worn but the pins were like new even though I'd bought new pins. They get one shot of grease every 8 hours or full working day while greasing the back actor. New bushes were €10 each and pins were €30 each. New seals were a couple of euro, they are fitted above and below the bush in a recess and help keep the grease in and dirt out.
20211122_125411.jpg

I fitted new steering bushes on the 3cx lately, the bushes were worn but the pins were like new even though I'd bought new pins. They get one shot of grease every 8 hours or full working day while greasing the back actor. New bushes were €10 each and pins were €30 each. New seals were a couple of euro, they are fitted above and below the bush in a recess and help keep the grease in and dirt out.
View attachment 101134
How often would you grease the back actor and front loader of your 3cc?

How often would you grease the back actor and front loader of your 3cc?
If working it properly on site I'd grease the back actor daily and the front end every second day, the front end would usually be doing half the work of the back. 18k hours later and barely any wear anywhere so far. Steering bushes are very small so don't take the same hardship.

View attachment 101134
I like the idea of the seals, unfortunately there is no provision made for that on the new holland:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-23 at 18.55.30.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-23 at 18.55.30.png
    66 KB · Views: 14
The rear mudguards/fenders have seen better days so tried to track down some genuine ones to replace what I have. They aren't made anymore in either form but managed to find new old stock of this type. They are different to what I have but I think they look ok.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211226-215207.png
    Screenshot_20211226-215207.png
    505.7 KB · Views: 81
The rear mudguards/fenders have seen better days so tried to track down some genuine ones to replace what I have. They aren't made anymore in either form but managed to find new old stock of this type. They are different to what I have but I think they look ok.
I think you can get a black extension for that mudguard too.

Sorry I was thinking of the other type like in the photo below

60B6C7C3-1219-45B8-80D6-9DC04B8565B3.jpeg

Are the fixing points different on the 35 series to the later generations like the T5000?

Last edited:
I think you can get a black extension for that mudguard too.

Sorry I was thinking of the other type like in the photo below

View attachment 101256

Are the fixing points different on the 35 series to the later generations like the T5000?
I'm not sure on the fixing points, the new ones I got are the genuine replacement for 35 and tl series. The cabs look the same going forward for a few more series but without them side by side it's hard to know.

Can anyone with a similar tractor take a picture of the wires going to the brake light switches mounted on the master cylinders just ahead of the bulkhead in the engine bay? The wires were disconnected and I want to see what colour wires should be going to the switches.

Can anyone with a similar tractor take a picture of the wires going to the brake light switches mounted on the master cylinders just ahead of the bulkhead in the engine bay? The wires were disconnected and I want to see what colour wires should be going to the switches.
This might help, the cable tie is holding the 4wd braking switch off which is operated by the right pedal.
20220103_124111.jpg20220103_124021.jpg

This what you’re looking for 1F1565E7-0344-406F-80BF-0168F869898D.jpeg

Attachments

• 8D1ECD35-D828-4D7F-B174-D7AAB5EA87C0.jpeg
    8D1ECD35-D828-4D7F-B174-D7AAB5EA87C0.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 37
Back