New milking parlour

By chance do yee use a separate set of clusters for use with the dump buckets for a mastitis case etc that main units are kept unifected with a mastitis cow
Went off and spent a ball of money on separate cluster/pulsator lid on the dump bucket, and ended up throw it in the corner of a shed after one season. It worked well but way too much hassle to keep clean, so ended up just spreading mastitis between cows. So back to Just using the normal clusters, and dip afterwards.

No dump line here, had it on last parlour but rarely used it. First 3 weeks of cleaving we run a separate herd, 2nd 3 weeks of calving we run them all together and don't put the clusters on the peno cows, the drafter pulls them out and they are brought back in to milk at the end. The last 3 weeks we just use the buckets as there would only be a few.

Any opinions on a double up parlour,looking at putting in new stallwork in my own parlour before it falls down around me.
I was hoping to squeeze in a couple of more units but the dimensions of the original building won’t allow without a lot of demolition and rebuilding which I don’t have much appetite for.
I’d be still putting the same number of rows through but there should be some gain over the standard parlour.
Any opinions tia.

Any opinions on a double up parlour,looking at putting in new stallwork in my own parlour before it falls down around me.
I was hoping to squeeze in a couple of more units but the dimensions of the original building won’t allow without a lot of demolition and rebuilding which I don’t have much appetite for.
I’d be still putting the same number of rows through but there should be some gain over the standard parlour.
Any opinions tia.
We had a double up until we build the new one this year. I’d recommend one no problem at all, how many units have you? We had a 6 double up, it was quite a fast parlour, not much idle time.

02 I built my 1st 12/24 then in 08 I added another 12 meters and doubled up,it was a disappointment from day one,in 15 I built a 15/30 in front of my 24/24,it was faster than the 24/24 with one milker,I demolished the 24/24 and stuck a 17/34 behind it and finished up with my current 32/64,I’ll never bother with a doubled up parlour again.

My feeling is that a double 6 or double 8 is a decent step up from just a 6 or 8 unit, but once start going above 10 units a swing over is the way forward

We had a double up until we build the new one this year. I’d recommend one no problem at all, how many units have you? We had a 6 double up, it was quite a fast parlour, not much idle time.

02 I built my 1st 12/24 then in 08 I added another 12 meters and doubled up,it was a disappointment from day one,in 15 I built a 15/30 in front of my 24/24,it was faster than the 24/24 with one milker,I demolished the 24/24 and stuck a 17/34 behind it and finished up with my current 32/64,I’ll never bother with a doubled up parlour again.

My feeling is that a double 6 or double 8 is a decent step up from just a 6 or 8 unit, but once start going above 10 units a swing over is the way forward
Thanks lads,It’s just a six unit putting eleven to twelve rows through,I want to keep the outlay as small as possible tbh only for the stall work is red rotten it would see me out as it is.
Milking machine lad is putting a price together at the moment so waiting to see what he’ll come back with.

Who are a good crowd to deal with for air gates in the back of milking parlour and are some better than others,the gates that is ?..

Give this lad a call . Pic below of his back gate . Work would be very good .
Who are a good crowd to deal with for air gates in the back of milking parlour and are some better than others,the gates that is ?..

Attachments

• DA69E2C4-0B18-4493-A568-328AE0A479BB.png
    DA69E2C4-0B18-4493-A568-328AE0A479BB.png
    627.5 KB · Views: 54
  • C0BD9E95-1AAB-465A-B9E3-AF2644CE7672.png
    C0BD9E95-1AAB-465A-B9E3-AF2644CE7672.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
Gea/westfalia have the best rear gates,the one above isn’t bad just on the gea a cow can’t stand behind it and jam it.

We have these, they work very well I think
It was the de laval dealer sorted them so maybe talk to your local de laval fella, @Mf240 did you put them in during the summer did I see in a snap?

Ya put in front and back gates . They are a great improvement from the chain at the back that I had. Think I've a picture on phone

Them houlian lads look good but the Alfeco gate is nearly more effective,j will get a quote from both I suppose ..
Are they alfeco mf240 ?

Podge fire up quotes for them here please when you get them. I have the alfro bar with the weight on it here at the min and its wrecking my head by now.

Not sure what make mine are podge . They can out of a delaval dealer .

Are those prices for front and back or just front.
Mine were part of a parlour extension so dont know exactly. They are vacuum gates not air gates but work the same. No problems so far anyway.

Back