New milking parlour

Don’t think so . Delaval still fit vacuum operated gates now . Argument is vacuum gates won’t force them selves shut if a cow is blocking them air will . Or so I’m told . Never seen air gates working
Is vacuum gates antiquated technology at this stage, and the way forward is compressed air

Don’t think so . Delaval still fit vacuum operated gates now . Argument is vacuum gates won’t force them selves shut if a cow is blocking them air will . Or so I’m told . Never seen air gates working

Ya and once they are fully closed cows wont be able to open them any easier than air.

Any issue with them if you open and then close one manually after you’ve the machine turned off . Ones in work if you do as above guaranteed a cow will open it after you .
I was a bit sceptical about the vacuum gates . But they work perfectly

As far as I know that price is not including a compressor,it includes the gates and rams and what ever supporting poles it needs .

Was quoted 5k to do front and back here. They were using my own front gates. I didn’t bother

Alfeco €3,600 ish he said
Houlihan €3,500
No that price is just for the 2 back gates.
These parlour are a haven for spending money on them .
Dont waste your money on them yes they are a luxury and do a good job but they wont make milking any easier or quicker for you which you need. Id prioritise your dumpline drafter or more units rather than that. We were using chains at back of cows here for the first month but soon got sense and bought them back bars from gentleman agri in kerry 300€ great job and work the same as the air gates really

Dont waste your money on them yes they are a luxury and do a good job but they wont make milking any easier or quicker for you which you need. Id prioritise your dumpline drafter or more units rather than that. We were using chains at back of cows here for the first month but soon got sense and bought them back bars from gentleman agri in kerry 300€ great job and work the same as the air gates really
Ya would agree. We had a 14 unit with a front gate on s rope, pull robe gate opened. Behind cows was a 2in pipe hinged off the rump bar with I 1in pipe for you to grab. All you had to do swing it up or down. Half the time you wouldnt use it as cows never backed out and they weren't getting meal either.

Have air gates on one parlour and had chains in the other .the chains could be very dangerous so we got a set of bars as mentioned above from gentleman agri great job as they work with a half row when the air ones won't

I’ve a similar idea,I’ve a pipe that hooks onto the front rail and if a cow pushes against it it tightens up more so it can’t slip along.
We only use it on the part side at the end,you have to remember to move it and store it a few cows further down the pit because if you don’t you can’t get at it.

Ya but it’s not just an easier way of doing it there is also the danger attached to going out between a herd of cows and having to open the door manually and then put on the chain (our doors are in the outside) no room for them inside as the cow is right up against the door .

Ya but it’s not just an easier way of doing it there is also the danger attached to going out between a herd of cows and having to open the door manually and then put on the chain (our doors are in the outside) no room for them inside as the cow is right up against the door .
Put a heavier bar in the door so when you close it it acts as a back gate??

It’s hard to explain but some cows are up against door more are not either way we have to go out and put on the chain to stop cows from moving back and fort there could be a foot and a half between the cow and back door at times ..

It’s hard to explain but some cows are up against door more are not either way we have to go out and put on the chain to stop cows from moving back and fort there could be a foot and a half between the cow and back door at times ..
So air gates wont really work either? Take a few pics of the parlour front and back and we’l let you know ways to make it better.

Doors

Attachments

• 76C30056-6348-4567-ACF0-4D87EDADB991.jpeg
    76C30056-6348-4567-ACF0-4D87EDADB991.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 4B9EDD86-9782-4825-97E3-03B0C15270D1.jpeg
    4B9EDD86-9782-4825-97E3-03B0C15270D1.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 89
Back