New Parlour options

FatToby

Hi All,

Looking for some advice and I know there are plenty of threads regards Gas,solar electric etc

Regards heating water we have narrowed it down to go with heat recovery unit with electric heaters to top up, just looking for any feedback people may have? Solar was also an option. however decided against natural gas/dlesel with the way prices are going.

On a side note we have the usual set up of race and crush running down side of shed but it will leave us also with 4 or 5 Calving/holding pens along side the race. There is the worry that this will be wasted space in that any drafting will generally only need 1or 2 pens max. any thoughts or experience welcome!

Thanks

You can never have too many pens.đź‘Ť

If starting again I’d have a slatted channel all the way down my race,it’s the only bit we hand scrape and it’s a pain.

As in Flow channel running full length as we have that going in or do you mean you would have slatted full width?

We have a flow channel run the length of the cow walk way out which is 7 spans the water from washing down the parlour is pumped into the channel so to help keep things moving along and not dry out. Drafting gate is the bones of a extra man in the ai season and if you can fit ai crush it's not bad money spent either. Our set up is on YouTube think if you put in new dairy master parlour it should come up

We have a flow channel run the length of the cow walk way out which is 7 spans the water from washing down the parlour is pumped into the channel so to help keep things moving along and not dry out. Drafting gate is the bones of a extra man in the ai season and if you can fit ai crush it's not bad money spent either. Our set up is on YouTube think if you put in new dairy master parlour it should come up
When was it?
I can’t find it.

Back