New Zetors

Thomas8210

Zetor aren’t a brand I know much about, only one I’ve drove has been a 9540. Was scrolling Facebook and seen the Zetor UK page and was impressed with what I have seen, they are a very modern looking tractor, with a good spec but simple at the same time. Does anyone on here own or have experience with the latest Proxima or Forterra models? Are Zetor still a cheap tractor? What is back up like?
2E01E0EF-650F-4583-8310-868D2803CFAD.jpeg

Back up to 10 years ago Zetor would have been the leading tractor brand in this county with 2 main dealers .Than a crowd from Birdhill took over francise put up the prices of the new ones to similar prices of n.h. etc .that bad enough they would not cover the cost of main dealers for warranty repairs .Tractor dealers trew up their dealership and their were not too many new ones sold since

Zetor sold casting factory in 06 and cab production ceased in 13 so all there are doing is assembly now since they gone private only improvements that were made had to be made as it would have been curtains so 4valve technology came in and shuttle box every other part of design is from time it was own by the state production has fallen from 9000 units to 3000 units in last decade there parts are more expensive then third party parts now was the reverse up to a couple of years ago people in charged never listen to feedback from the ground so glossy up and old design is not going to increase sales or lead to a better product for the end user

Personally I wouldn't take a present of a zetor.ive driven loads of em and after the 8011 they went downhill as regards a workhorse in my opinion.not that I was a fan of the 8011 but drove plenty of em.my late father had a 9540 for years,never thought much of it myself.leaked a lot and never got a my hardship off my dad.when I went mowing with it a few years ago with an 8' Kuhn fc 243 it was barely able for it,the day it left the yard to a new owner was a happy day

Does anyone on here own or have experience with the latest Proxima or Forterra models?
We've a 2005 Forterra 10641. Has been a hugely reliable workhorse, 9000 hours up currently. No major faults, clutch has been done and some small tinkering with breaks. Possibly changing it soon as it's a bit small for what we're trying to do but has been a great servant, great stockman's tractor.

Back