Non-slip Mat for Cubicle

Put in matts with full row length top sheet here years ago from Teemore. Never had any slip problems. Think they maybe use a different top sheet since then. However only suitable for cantilever type cubicles.

I need non-slip mats for cows which will still be non-slip when wet. Has anyone found a successful one?

Wilson pasture mattress is about the best for non slip,I’ve 120 or so mayo mats and they are very good,cows don’t slip because they sink into them.

No I'm not using the mat for cubicles, it's actually to provide a quieter and non-slip floor in a mobile crush crate which I use in a permanent location for an odd calving.

No I'm not using the mat for cubicles, it's actually to provide a quieter and non-slip floor in a mobile crush crate which I use in a permanent location for an odd calving.
In that situation I suppose a rubber mat would be best. Does the crush have a steel floor or do the cattle just stand on the ground? If it's the later I'd suggest keeping a bucket of sand with you and throw a bit on the ground where they'll be standing it'll provide a better footing that even a rubber mat. If your covering a steel floor then rubber mat I'd say.

Is there a way you could concrete groove it by any chance? We done floors of the shed here and the ramp down from the cubicle shed to the main yard and it has made a huge difference

Thanks everyone. Yes the crush has a checker plate floor and it might not be in the place it is for ever, so I'll investigate the Easyfix mats. They look good and I have their products already, i.e. slat rubber and silo bags. Both good products. Found them good to deal with. The heifers are all calved now and we only needed to assist one - that's AA for you!! All summer to research now.

Back