Odd cubicle design

jcb411abuser

I saw a cow "cubicle" design a few years ago now on Google and I can't find it again. It was just very interesting and looking for more info on it if it exists.
Wondering does anyone know a name for it that I can Google, I'll try to describe it was best I remember.
It was situated in the middle of a floor, cows could walk around it on all sides.
The out line of the base had 6 sides if I remember correctly.
Imagine a square in the middle of 2 triangles one on the right and one on the left side. It was divided from the centre of the square to the centre of the top line of the square and centre of the lower sides of each triangle to each side resulting in 3 beds for the cows.

This is it. Cow signals are of course where I first saw it

Attachments

• images (7).jpeg
    images (7).jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 60
  • csm_7446169dd1c93067f2bd9394f197bd1a0468dbc3_4c48d59471.jpg
    csm_7446169dd1c93067f2bd9394f197bd1a0468dbc3_4c48d59471.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 62
What would be the advantage of them over conventional cubicles?
Freedome of movement I suppose?
Theoretically you could place them anywhere in the shed.
Then if a cow wants to avoid another it's easy enough.

And they might not need to walk round to a feed barrier or water trough.

Theoretically makes a lot of sense presuming you can get as many lying spaces into the same shed area.

Thinking on this, why not just go 2 side by side?
Now I'm thinking deep bedding so just a square base, could be timber 8 x 3 or something, 6ft 6 wide x 6ft long with a centre divider.
I think it would only work well over a slatted tank for ease of scraping. Around them.
Cons.
It does take up more space
I'm not sure how cows would lie in them never been seen before
Chance of them being too short, but if they are any longer the cow can shit in the bed, also the chance of that from perching with her back half in the bed and front half out.
The purpose of the design is to be less restrictive on the cow yet that prevents you from being able to positively position the cow to prevent dirtying her bed.
Possibility of other cows interfering with resting cow as they'd have more access

Pros
Far less restrictive, nothing for cattle to get trapped in or legs caught in
Possible to design a hinged bedding perimeter/retainer for ease of cleaning deep bed

Back