Older diggers for farm use

I had a 3t hitachi great digger with excellent reach,best thing I did was fit steel tracks.
Rubber are lethal on hills in the wet also cut easy on demo work,fine for tarmac though.

Thanks Kieran and scroffcruddle for the good advice,:Thumbp2: I think rubber tracks will suit us best, our land is fairly flat so I don’t think we will have issues. How do the newer zx55s and the like compare to the ex60s, the dash 5 are a dear digger compared to the newer stuff

I haven't ever seen a HX older than 87 . Any of those 2 wd 50 H were 85 0r 86 . Possibly a coincidence.
H and newer had the Powershuttle transmission , as opposed to the " rocker pedal " type torque , of the 50 , 50 B and 50 D.

Cabs rotted of D s especially , and to a fair degree on Hs.

There must be plenty of F4F members that had the various aged MF digger loaders . Very common once upon a time . Then people moved onto 4 wd tractors , and with shuttle transmission, better comfort etc , a loader on the tractor was more useful .
I do work for one lad 3 farms 3 50bs one left in each place.
Any of them older diggers have there place for a man that just wants something to put in silage reasonably cheap to buy hard to break and cheap to fix when it does go wrong

Post I put in another thread. Can't go wrong with Hitachi. Dearer to buy day 1 than some other makes, but the best of them all.

For making drains and general farm work, the 6 Ton is best. Personally not mad about rubber tracks, but good if you're going to be on concrete from time to time.

what would be your opinion on the Zaxis 70LC-3?

been looking at one in the UK for a while, its a lot more money than an NH E70/kobelco SK70, is much fresher.

what would be your opinion on the Zaxis 70LC-3?

been looking at one in the UK for a while, its a lot more money than an NH E70/kobelco SK70, is much fresher.

I wouldn't be the most well versed in the newer models, I'd have had very little to do with them so I wouldn't know a lot about them.

However, LC is long carriage which is a great benefit in soft ground but you may not have that problem.

A lad near me had a 70-1 and went to a 130 lcn, has got on very well with both of them.

Step up in speed and power from the dash 5 apparently.

I wouldn't be the most well versed in the newer models, I'd have had very little to do with them so I wouldn't know a lot about them.

However, LC is long carriage which is a great benefit in soft ground but you may not have that problem.

A lad near me had a 70-1 and went to a 130 lcn, has got on very well with both of them.

Step up in speed and power from the dash 5 apparently.

good to know, its on 600mm pads too so should be good on the land.

I had a 3t hitachi great digger with excellent reach,best thing I did was fit steel tracks.
Rubber are lethal on hills in the wet also cut easy on demo work,fine for tarmac though.

Thanks Kieran and scroffcruddle for the good advice,:Thumbp2: I think rubber tracks will suit us best, our land is fairly flat so I don’t think we will have issues. How do the newer zx55s and the like compare to the ex60s, the dash 5 are a dear digger compared to the newer stuff

Would rubber tracks not be just as bad on the flat, if you are digging will you not just pull the digger towards what you are digging. I have seen me doing that at times even with the steel tracks

Would rubber tracks not be just as bad on the flat, if you are digging will you not just pull the digger towards what you are digging. I have seen me doing that at times even with the steel tracks

Thats where your blade comes in,use it as an anchor.

A relation had an ex60 without a blade,was a crap digger because your blade adds stability and an anchor,also used to level the machine and dig against for cleaning up.

Thats where your blade comes in,use it as an anchor.

A relation had an ex60 without a blade,was a crap digger because your blade adds stability and an anchor,also used to level the machine and dig against for cleaning up.
Blade is very handy for levelling up the machine alright, had a 2.7ton kubuto out in work lately and was cursing it as the bucket couldn’t actually get in to the blade to get the last bit, 5t kubuto we had out 2 year ago was able to no problem.

Blade is very handy for levelling up the machine alright, had a 2.7ton kubuto out in work lately and was cursing it as the bucket couldn’t actually get in to the blade to get the last bit, 5t kubuto we had out 2 year ago was able to no problem.

Most little kubotas were sold with a short dipper for breaker work,makes them an arse for tidying up when the bucket doesn’t meet the blade,my bro extended the arms on the blade on mine,works great and because the blade is longer means it can level the machine more.

One way of overcoming it is to pivot the boom at the offset as this brings the boom in nearer.

Most little kubotas were sold with a short dipper for breaker work,makes them an arse for tidying up when the bucket doesn’t meet the blade,my bro extended the arms on the blade on mine,works great and because the blade is longer means it can level the machine more.

One way of overcoming it is to pivot the boom at the offset as this brings the boom in nearer.
Was trying that alright, but if you got it enough to get the grading bucket in 1/3 of the bucket was off the end. Was a grand little digger though in fairness to it! I’d say yours is handy with the longer blade arms alright! One thing I did notice on the one we had this time was one track was far more powerful than the other, if you wanted to swing the machine around at all you always seemed to have to do it with the one track, the other just stalled out. Also no foot pedals on the track levers, you’d miss them a lot when your use to them for nudging up and back when cleaning the side of a bank or anything

Was trying that alright, but if you got it enough to get the grading bucket in 1/3 of the bucket was off the end. Was a grand little digger though in fairness to it! I’d say yours is handy with the longer blade arms alright! One thing I did notice on the one we had this time was one track was far more powerful than the other, if you wanted to swing the machine around at all you always seemed to have to do it with the one track, the other just stalled out. Also no foot pedals on the track levers, you’d miss them a lot when your use to them for nudging up and back when cleaning the side of a bank or anything
Put a fresh track motor on my kub and we noticed it’s nowhere near as powerful as the original.

The worst digger I ever drove was a case with just pedals and no levers for the tracks,they all should have both! The problem with the zero swing kubotas is the fact they’re made for midgets,no room for pedals.

I had one on hire a few weeks ago with the same thing. Took me a while to cop it but one of the tracks was gutless

Not a digger but an unusual loader

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/loader/24469606

MDI4MGJiNmIyMjQ2ZTBkYjVlOWU3M2EzMDYwMzEzOThRnnYlllckc-KyQXIt7YIwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDQxNTM0OTZ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

we’re a great bunch... “in everyday use” and immediately followed by “no brakes”
I wondered is it hydrostatic not a torque, would explain no brakes and in everyday use. Near impossible to keep brakes working here with hydro just because they don't get used!

I wondered is it hydrostatic not a torque, would explain no brakes and in everyday use. Near impossible to keep brakes working here with hydro just because they don't get used!
I’d still like to have some brakes even with hydrostatic but my point is more stating it in the add be better to say needs some tidy up or needs repair it just looked stark!

Back