Older diggers for farm use

MeathMassey3

I think I've been watching too many vice grip garage videos on YouTube, if this was closer I'd be taking a chance on it.

Twin levers on the backhoe, clutch, good tyres, cheap, likely money pit

Jeanie and I thought that it was on the dear side. wasn't long selling

MeathMassey3

anyone here have any experience with these 580 cases. on the fence about buying one of these or the 2d, the one in looking at would be in near identical shape as the one pictures below. It has had all the bushings redone in the back actor, the injector pump and hydraulic pump were also redone before being parked up and the seals on the 2 main rams for the loader which I doubt would matter now as it's been lying in the same spot this 3 years after being used for a few minutes to move the 590. Another thing that would be dettering me other than the poor pipes and seals would be every window except the front one has been smashed out of it by young lads from the football club down the road. Anyone have any experience with this, were they a good digger or did they give bother? eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZm...jpg

Funkeyfarmer

anyone here have any experience with these 580 cases. on the fence about buying one of these or the 2d, the one in looking at would be in near identical shape as the one pictures below. It has had all the bushings redone in the back actor, the injector pump and hydraulic pump were also redone before being parked up and the seals on the 2 main rams for the loader which I doubt would matter now as it's been lying in the same spot this 3 years after being used for a few minutes to move the 590. Another thing that would be dettering me other than the poor pipes and seals would be every window except the front one has been smashed out of it by young lads from the football club down the road. Anyone have any experience with this, were they a good digger or did they give bother? View attachment 100138
2 wd diggers are mainly only good for loader work on hard ground or concrete yards bit extra learning in digging in soft ground we had one and used it for doing drainage work renewing pipes. I learnt fast 😆

MeathMassey3

2 wd diggers are mainly only good for loader work on hard ground or concrete yards bit extra learning in digging in soft ground we had one and used it for doing drainage work renewing pipes. I learnt fast 😆
I suppose she'd be just as heavy as the 2d then. Wouldn't get much work on soft ground. just for lifting things about the shed and fixing up bits of an old wall. Might do a bit of pipe laying and scraping out neighbours yards but that's about it.

Funkeyfarmer

I suppose she'd be just as heavy as the 2d then. Wouldn't get much work on soft ground. just for lifting things about the shed and fixing up bits of an old wall. Might do a bit of pipe laying and scraping out neighbours yards but that's about it.
Yeah almost as heavy just more helpless , saying that we did a lot of work with it was a handy yoke to have around

Neat

Had a 50b did a lot of work with it. It’s had it’s day no way would I go back. Changed to a 60hxs in 92 and am on a 2011 860 now. The 50b probably did the most work it was 2wd and you’d be steering it with the front loader for a finish. The 60hx was only ok it was a balls to start it in winter and the front axels were made of play do. The 860 is ok but has the same engine as a mf 5460 with give trouble with the head.