Older diggers for farm use

Dad did see that one. Thought it was rougher looking than what we had (thought nothing be as rough as ours. At least this one had all the glass still). Ram for the cross slide on the backhoe was gone
Did they have powered cross slide? I never knew Hymac had that

I think we on about something different? What I'm on about is a ram that has a plunger or pin at the end of it. Bring the pin up and use the backhoe to slide it across and drop the pin again. That was missing in that 370c dad looked at. Not exactly an easy place to get to fit a ram in, not a mind having that size of one in the 1st place

I think we on about something different? What I'm on about is a ram that has a plunger or pin at the end of it. Bring the pin up and use the backhoe to slide it across and drop the pin again. That was missing in that 370c dad looked at. Not exactly an easy place to get to fit a ram in, not a mind having that size of one in the 1st place
Ah I see, yeah I m on a different page alright. I thought you meant it had a built in powered system to slide the backhoe across the rail.

Reactions: c4l
Your talking about hydraulic lock on the cross-slide.

Never seen that on a Hymac either. Just a big pin that's manually pulled out,move the boom across and drop the pin in again.

Never seen that on a Hymac either. Just a big pin that's manually pulled out,move the boom across and drop the pin in again.

The 370 that was the 1st digger I ever worked , in 1980 , was as you describe .

I d be very surprised if it had a ram as c4l describes , but we'll possible.

When tractors get loaders they put a grill guard on.
Why don't diggers get the same?! I see a lot of them with a mashed up front!
I said exactly that to yourman with the zg 3cx. I've bought a weight block for the 685 as a bit of protection for the grill. the last one on it got plenty of wacks from ring feeders.

not many of these about
meant to be a great digger, know an old lad who's 88 and spent most of his life on building sites. Ran his own fleet of machines. Had a few of them fords from the 90s up until the late 2000s when he retired. said he was sorry he never kept one of them. bought a case digger instead.

Have heard similar, supposed to be savage machine to push and a longer extra dig than anything else
only problem he ever seemed to have with them was on the 550s he was giving out about how the blocks used to rot and go porus on them. Said something about some sort of filter or plug he Got from cork to put in them to stop it?

Back