Out of hours hydraulic hose repair in cork

f140

A hose in my shear grab burst this evening. Typical thing to happen on a Saturday evening of a long weekend. I will manage until Tuesday anyway as I can just feed silage bales with a spike on the back of the tractor for the few still inside. But it just got me thinking of finding someone who does it out of hours if I was very stuck. I'm mid cork but could travel 40 mins north, south east or west of the city if I knew of someone who did this.

Pirtek in cork offer 24 / 7 service but expensive.

Any garage locally got hydraulic repair kit that would open up for you. There is a couple of guys (small operations) here in clonakilty area who would open up for regulars do do emergency repairs.

I got sorted by Pirtek in limerick at 6pm on a Christmas eve for an odd ball fitting!!

Try to keep spares hydraulic pipes for the essential loader pipes and also have a good array of odds and ends that would get most types of problems over the line.

I try keep my business local so if I'm ever stuck to get something out of hours, I have some one to text and ask would they be willing to do it.

Any garage locally got hydraulic repair kit that would open up for you. There is a couple of guys (small operations) here in clonakilty area who would open up for regulars do do emergency repairs.
Are Pirtek nationwide? Is it just a call out service?

When you say expensive how expensive? Lets say it would cost 40 for the new hose normally, how much could they be?

When you say expensive how expensive? Lets say it would cost 40 for the new hose normally, how much could they be?
It wouldnt matter really if you got going? The main thing is you get going. It wouldn't bother me too much. They are a good company and will have everything in the van with them.. They arent robbers.. They will get you working and that means a lot if your fighting the weather..

Joe crowley oils is who would be used around here. though I got caught out on St Patrick's day bust a hose on the fermec apparently only main dealers have the the long 90 bend fittings they use on the hoses

It wouldnt matter really if you got going? The main thing is you get going. It wouldn't bother me too much. They are a good company and will have everything in the van with them.. They arent robbers.. They will get you working and that means a lot if your fighting the weather..
That's true, I'm not stuck now this weekend and can wait until Tuesday but it just got me thinking of it would be handy to have a few names of lads who do this. I was thinking if it happened the June weekend while at silage and a loader hose or harvested hose burst or something. Handy to have names of folks who can do this in emergencies.

Are they a call out only or can you take the hoses too them?

That's true, I'm not stuck now this weekend and can wait until Tuesday but it just got me thinking of it would be handy to have a few names of lads who do this. I was thinking if it happened the June weekend while at silage and a loader hose or harvested hose burst or something. Handy to have names of folks who can do this in emergencies.

Some wet day go and get a couple of hoses of different lengths made up and a selection of fittings, then you'll rarely be stuck and can get a damaged hose repaired in your own time.

Joe crowley oils is who would be used around here. though I got caught out on St Patrick's day bust a hose on the fermec apparently only main dealers have the the long 90 bend fittings they use on the hoses
He's grand if he answers the phone..

They do both. Obviously if its a bank holiday or weekend you can't rock up..

Local Pirtek man lives about 10 mins away. Have drove to his house twice when I was stuck. Doesn’t charge the call out then , so just a little more expensive than usual places.

A hose in my shear grab burst this evening. Typical thing to happen on a Saturday evening of a long weekend. I will manage until Tuesday anyway as I can just feed silage bales with a spike on the back of the tractor for the few still inside. But it just got me thinking of finding someone who does it out of hours if I was very stuck. I'm mid cork but could travel 40 mins north, south east or west of the city if I knew of someone who did this.
Jimmy Buckley in Peake Coachford is usually open late.

E150 min on bank holiday id say , Theres expensive and then theres pirtek expensive . But if needs must there service is there

Back