Over Pass River Crossing

sparkey

Any one know what is the max length that you can get in pre-stressed concrete beams.

A neighbor of mine who owned the land on on side of a river is after buying the land on the other side of the river and is thinking of putting a bridge across the river for both cattle and machinery. The river is aprox 30 feet wide, so in reality the beams would need to be 45 feet long to reach safely back to support pillars on each bank to support them.
Would planning permission be required to fit this overpass, this is a salmon and trout river and would have the banks regularly patrolled by the fisheries,

Any one know what is the max length that you can get in pre-stressed concrete beams.

A neighbor of mine who owned the land on on side of a river is after buying the land on the other side of the river and is thinking of putting a bridge across the river for both cattle and machinery. The river is aprox 30 feet wide, so in reality the beams would need to be 45 feet long to reach safely back to support pillars on each bank to support them.
Would planning permission be required to fit this overpass, this is a salmon and trout river and would have the banks regularly patrolled by the fisheries,
Any way he can Ford it?

66m wide here and I can cross with the quad bike after a dry week,I’d be looking at steel ,easy got in 18m lengths,a cheap way is an artic trailer.

Any way he can Ford it?

66m wide here and I can cross with the quad bike after a dry week,I’d be looking at steel ,easy got in 18m lengths,a cheap way is an artic trailer.

Water flow to high / deep. Maybe at the peak of the summer at low flow water height would be around 600mm deep. There would be up to 4 meters of water when in flood in the winter.

That’s a good idea , maybe an artic trailer might do? But would prefer a permanent structure

Water flow to high / deep. Maybe at the peak of the summer at low flow water height would be around 600mm deep. There would be up to 4 meters of water when in flood in the winter.

That’s a good idea , maybe an artic trailer might do? But would prefer a permanent structure
My rivers are rock bottom and very wide so easy to cross because of shallow banks.

No reason you couldn’t buy a couple of artic trailers,could even just use the chassis off them and concrete them in.

If the fisheries are watching the river anything half measure like and artic trailer won’t be entertained I would think . Is it just cows he wants to cross or machinery as well .

Now this is a bridge

The only think limiting the length of concrete is haulage and cranage. He will probably need to deal with the opw if they are involved in maintaining the river

Depends on the river there are a few artic bodies crossing rivers in west cork inc 2 just west of clon and a big one in skibbereen. I take it it's the argideen your friend wants to cross

We are also looking into this. Have a riverbed around 25ft wide. Would be dead easy instead of walking cows a mile over busy road. We have been thinking lorry flat with axles cut off would be best option but the fisheries are patrolling the river every now and again and I dont think they would approve of it!

A lorry body with sides would be better tbh if it's done right there shouldn't be a problem..there's a 45 ft lorry body going across the illen river in skibbereen with 400 plus cows crossing most days and I don't think they had much issues in doing it

50m, I sell them for a living alongside a bit of farming, DM me if you wish to discuss.

I remember seeing an Ex Army bridge for sale once.
Might be worth a bit of googling!!
I think it was hinged in the middle to make it mobile!

Back