Over Pass River Crossing

This lot have prices.

Good chance concrete would wind up cheaper!

My advice with any bridge is keep any footings as far from the bank as you can.
Less disturbance the river gets, the less attention it will draw!

I wonder what happened to the bridge a local contractor of grassman fame acquired,one of his lads hit it with the 360 on the low loader wagon at great speed,as it was disused he bought the land either side and the bridge.

This lot have prices.

Good chance concrete would wind up cheaper!

My advice with any bridge is keep any footings as far from the bank as you can.
Less disturbance the river gets, the less attention it will draw!
There's been a change of regulations here in the last few months as regards any slurry that has the potential to flow into a river. I think you need to have a camber on any road bounding a river to stop any rain washing slurry into a drain or river. It must flow away from the drain and have somewhere to accumulate in times of heavy rain so it won't flow into any body carrying water.

Best ask the experts before doing anything as a mistake in setting up a bridge could be very costly very quickly.

Those prices don't look that appealing for the Bailey Bridges to me but then again I am biased through my involvement in the precast concrete industry. Concrete looks roughly the same price and is a lasting job. What is the design life of a bailey bridge? Bailey bridge can be installed quicker of course, whereas the concrete bridge will take circa 1 month to build in total.

Back