Parkside Plasma

lough

Seeing as so many people got them it might be an idea to have all queries in one thread

I finally started mine yesterday evening and it would only cut for a few seconds at a time and I noticed when I let go of the trigger the air was still coming out of the tip and the only way to stop it was to switch the plasma cutter of. Is this normal.

Seeing as so many people got them it might be an idea to have all queries in one thread

I finally started mine yesterday evening and it would only cut for a few seconds at a time and I noticed when I let go of the trigger the air was still coming out of the tip and the only way to stop it was to switch the plasma cutter of. Is this normal.
It’s normal for air to keep coming out for a while-around 10 secs delay, this cools the tip. It shouldn’t stop cutting after a few seconds though, I’ve used mine for up to a minute at a time. Read the manual and it will explain about tip cooling and general useage.

A mate told me that he changed the torch on his parkside to a better torch and hes able to get better tips he said theres a video on youtube showing how to change torch but i cant find it .

Do these plasma cutters not work on a 13 amp plug. A neighbour got one and couldn't get it to work and it was in the shed for me this evening to see if I could get it to work. I plugged it into the 32 amp plug and it went first go, I tried it then on the 13 amp plug and it wouldn't work.

Do these plasma cutters not work on a 13 amp plug. A neighbour got one and couldn't get it to work and it was in the shed for me this evening to see if I could get it to work. I plugged it into the 32 amp plug and it went first go, I tried it then on the 13 amp plug and it wouldn't work.
My one is fitted with a 16 amp plug.

If it can't pull enough power through the plug it will blow the fuse. 16 amp socket fused at the board is what you want. Might even trip that if used on max setting for long periods.

Would the fuse ever be blown in the adaptor lead? I’ve a 13amp plug on mine at the minute and it’ll blow fuses every now and again at heavy work. I’ve no 16 amp plugs in the shed I was working out of is why I stuck it on the 13. The mig has a 13 amp on it too at the moment.

Is it much of a job to get 16A sockets installed ?
Just a job for the electrician at the fuse board to upgrade trip switches or does the ESB need to do anything to the suppy ?

Just a plug on the wall and c,rated trip switch in the fuse board . More than likely the trip switch would be a b16 . It’ll work but a c16 would be a higher rated and handle the initial surge of power the plasma needs without tripping.

Just a job for the electrician at the fuse board to upgrade trip switches or does the ESB need to do anything to the suppy ?
The amount of work involved will vary depending on the existing wiring setup in your shed/workshop but more often than not it’s just a matter of getting an electrician to add a circuit, just like adding say and outside light or whatever. Depending on your current setup you may need to upgrade the cable going to the shed but your electrician would be able to advise better on this. The ESB supply should be about 63 amps I believe so wouldn’t need to be touched

Thanks for the info lads, I'll talk to an electrician later in the year & see what he says. Hopefully the existing cables from the house to the garage & shed are heavy enough as they are buried under tarmac.

He came back this evening and I said i'll give it another go on the 13 amp plug and it worked no bother this time:rolleyes::confused:

He came back this evening and I said i'll give it another go on the 13 amp plug and it worked no bother this time:rolleyes::confused:
Using a power hungry appliance on a starved supply like too small of a cable or too small of a fuse can burn out a welder. The transformer is struggling to get power to make more power. Like an athlete running uphill with someone’s hand over his mouth. If you have 4mm sq or better still 6mm sq cable going to your garage that’ll be fine.

Using a power hungry appliance on a starved supply like too small of a cable or too small of a fuse can burn out a welder. The transformer is struggling to get power to make more power. Like an athlete running uphill with someone’s hand over his mouth. If you have 4mm sq or better still 6mm sq cable going to your garage that’ll be fine.
Yes when I bought a 350sip mig welder it trip d out 4 times den nothing took it back the card melted . The trip switch the electrician fitted when doing the garage was to small replace d it with proper one and perfect since

If you have 13A socket wired with 2.5mm2 you could just spur a 16A socket off it.
Making a few assumptions on the existing installation here.

Back