Parlour Washing

Larry David

Very Senior Member
The volume washer packed up in the recent arctic weather and am since using a power washer, which I find great as it uses less water for the same job. What I would like to do is set up a main line and have point to plug into to wash other parts of the yard, like you see in marts. Anyone done this, links to what I need, etc

Thanks

Well if you want to use the electric one, you will need a good quality power feed. They dont like being starved of power :no:

I would go for these type sockets and armoured cable..

ESW240_16W.jpg

Well if you want to use the electric one, you will need a good quality power feed. They dont like being starved of power :no:

I would go for these type sockets and armoured cable..

ESW240_16W.jpg

No, you misunderstood or i didn't make it clear. My idea is to have the washer set up and have a pipe around the yard that I can plug the hose and lance into.

No, you misunderstood or i didn't make it clear. My idea is to have the washer set up and have a pipe around the yard that I can plug the hose and lance into.

OH! Apologies! I presume you will need steel pipework then, or maybe hydraulic hose would do?

we used to fit washdown pumps great for washing up had a lot of complaints about water use,fitting powerwashers now we use hyd hose now we get the fittings from galvans in tralee,tried googling it cant get a listing or number, they should have all you need

we have a high pressure system through 2 of our pig sheds with the washer staying in one place ,used 1/2 inch stainless pipe (schedule 40 I think) ,ball valves for shut off with Q R couplings and lets you work with a short washing hose , far easier than trailing 60 metres of washer hose or moving washer and cables ,water supply etc
it cost a bit to put it in but it will last a lot longer and better to work with than hydraulic hose so its worth doing :thumbup1:

Another one for stainless tube, will last forever
We have loads of it on site for gas measurement equipment and still as good as new after 30 years, some of it at well over 100bar pressure.

It is quite expensive though

Another one for stainless tube, will last forever
We have loads of it on site for gas measurement equipment and still as good as new after 30 years, some of it at well over 100bar pressure.

It is quite expensive though

our diesel washer is nearer to 200 bar (3000 psi) and it seems ok at that ,its been in for about 10 years now .I have a rothenberger threading machine so just make bits to fit
I cant remember how much the last pipe was but not as stupid as you might think ,we use the same pipe for pig drinkers

Do any of you 'harvest' rainwater for washing?

mostly private supply here anyway so its not worth setting up catchment and storage for rainwater
if it was all going in to your slurry storage it would certainly be worth doing

Do any of you 'harvest' rainwater for washing?
is yours not piped from the plate cooler, one parlour we done we had to limit the water coming into the platecooler it was overfilling two 400 gallon tanks for the washer.

is yours not piped from the plate cooler, one parlour we done we had to limit the water coming into the platecooler it was overfilling two 400 gallon tanks for the washer.

Not milking cows here, but we are metered and Id imagine it would get expensive :no:

No harm but I would never, ever limit the water going through a plate cooler, ever. we have 6 600 gal tanks in a loft above the dairy with an overflow. Our plate cooler has a 50mm pipe coming direct from the well. Restricted flow = restricted cooling = higer milk cooling cost.

An overflow would be a better idea than turning the water down.

No harm but I would never, ever limit the water going through a plate cooler, ever. we have 6 600 gal tanks in a loft above the dairy with an overflow. Our plate cooler has a 50mm pipe coming direct from the well. Restricted flow = restricted cooling = higer milk cooling cost.

An overflow would be a better idea than turning the water down.
we had an overflow piped,even put a valve in the overflow wouldnt work properly flooded the loft a couple of times restricting the flow cured that.you are right about restricted flow and cooling costs,but havent had any complaints about it yet.

Back