Peas

Launching a second attack at the peas today. Tried them last Saturday week and while they were standing lovely they were only desiccated 8 days and the moisture was 23%+ which is outside of food grade specs. They're flat now and while we're getting most of them some losses are expected. Moisture is 20% and the sample is nice, if a little bleached. It's last chance saloon before serious shelling.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 98
Launching a second attack at the peas today. Tried them last Saturday week and while they were standing lovely they were only desiccated 8 days and the moisture was 23%+ which is outside of food grade specs. They're flat now and while we're getting most of them some losses are expected. Moisture is 20% and the sample is nice, if a little bleached. It's last chance saloon before serious shelling.

With what product?

There is a special place in the Combine Drivers Hall of Fame for anyone who has cut flat peas or lodged Oats .

you've done well, we got about 10 acres cut and had to abandon ship till sun comes out, pulling up too much mud into combine (had to take off unloading auger to clean) just needs a better day, hopefully later in week. By the look of yours they were standing a bit better than ours, its like someone was out with a roller on ours.

A bit of this today...
Anyone recognize them in the raw?

Attachments

• IMG_0333.JPG
    IMG_0333.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    465.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0331.PNG
    IMG_0331.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 51
you've done well, we got about 10 acres cut and had to abandon ship till sun comes out, pulling up too much mud into combine (had to take off unloading auger to clean) just needs a better day, hopefully later in week. By the look of yours they were standing a bit better than ours, its like someone was out with a roller on ours.
Can I interest you in a very little used Sund header?? On a serious note though, that sounds terrible. It's 20 years since we had to remove an unloading auger and that was on a little Claas Senator which has an auger no bigger than a pencil compared to your machine. I didn't think our crop could have been any closer to the ground but perhaps I'm wrong. How is quality holding up? Any shelling?

Not exactly peas but Combicrop Barley and pea mix being cut today . I think it is being rolled with acid on Monday . Combine was having very little bother cutting it . It looked to be yield near three tonne and his sucklers are going to love the straw . IMG_3460.jpg IMG_3464.jpg IMG_3465.jpg

Not exactly peas but Combicrop Barley and pea mix being cut today . I think it is being rolled with acid on Monday . Combine was having very little bother cutting it . It looked to be yield near three tonne and his sucklers are going to love the straw . View attachment 47632 View attachment 47633 View attachment 47634

Do you know what the M/C was out of interest?? Why is it going to be rolled with acid?? If it were dry enough, you could want it through a roller mill or hammer and it would make grand meal surely, be like rolling barley n beans ??

Do you know what the M/C was out of interest?? Why is it going to be rolled with acid?? If it were dry enough, you could want it through a roller mill or hammer and it would make grand meal surely, be like rolling barley n beans ??
I think it was 18% . He is a one man band with land in three counties and a lot of stock and very well organised so I think leaving things handy is his major concern . . He can legally store it in an open shed if he has acid on it and it will be vermin proof . What time will you be up to roll it @Tippcon

Back