Photo Posting

Bread_Boy

Step-by-Step Photo posting Guide

1. Start a new thread or reply to a thread to get to the reply box.
  2. Click the paper clip icon that is on the top row of the buttons to edit you post. (see pic below)
  3. This opens a new window from where you can BROWSE for the photos you want to upload and double click to select that photo.
  4. Once you have chosen the (maximum of 5) photos click upload. It may take a little while depending on the number of photos or size.

Sometimes the pics are too big for the forums and need to be resized.

1. Download and install this:http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
  2. Find the pics in the folder on your computer.
  3. Select each one you want by holding down ctrl and left clicking them.
  4. Right click any selected one, and left click Resize Pictures.
  5. A dialog box with come up, select small, medium or large depending on your preference.
  6. You will now have the resized pictures (they will say the size now) in the same folder.
  7. Upload the pictures to the forum using the steps above.

If you want any other Step-by-steps or a hand with photos or if I haven't made that clear, just ask! :thumbup1:

Attachments

• pictures.png
    pictures.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 111
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 84
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:
also if viewing the net and see a photo you want to put on here:-
right click on the picture
click on copy image location
reply (or start) a thread
click on the picture button(see attachment)
right click and paste into the address bar
job done:thumbup:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Bcl
When I'm uploading photos off the iPad i attach three photos but it only uploads the last one.???
Am I doing something wrong.

When I'm uploading photos off the iPad i attach three photos but it only uploads the last one.???
Am I doing something wrong.

Have you resized the photos as above? If anyone else is experiencing this on iPad can you let me know.

Can photos be uploaded straght from google+.all my stuff is backed up there and it would be great if I could upload from there to f4f

In the bottom right of the screen, right beside 'post reply' there is 'Upload a File'. Click on that. :Thumbp2:

I did and I selected a photo, then another, then a other and it's said in the box '1 file selected' and there was a back box yoke in the top right of the phone screen, I waited 5 mins and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong @Mike @nashmash

I did and I selected a photo, then another, then a other and it's said in the box '1 file selected' and there was a back box yoke in the top right of the phone screen, I waited 5 mins and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong @Mike @nashmash

Try one at a time perhaps BB.

The black box as you call it should change each time one is uploaded so maybe your internet is a bit dodgy?

Try the above and see how it goes.

I dont use a phone for internet, but tried it there on a samsung thats here.
I clicked on 'upload file', selected a photo from the phone gallery, little black box with a scrolling line appeared in the top right, but after a very short time the pic appeared below the reply box, I then clicked upload file again, picked another photo and that one also appeared.
That was with a healthy enough wifi connection and non resized pics straight from the phone.

You can only select 1 at a time and sometimes its a bit slow to upload them
Dont know how many you can put in a reply

Quick question regarding posting pics, is there a storage limit for attachments on F4F ?

I remember when we first moved to this zenforo platform, there were some issues and we increased the max limit.
Are you having issues @Alfie ?

@Mike
No really issues, I just noticed a few of my earlier attachments are now missing, clicking on the text displays the following message: "The requested attachment could not be found."
Maybe they got removed to make space for more ?

@candor
I presumed there was but couldn't find any info on the limit or see how much of the limit I had used. I guess I've used up a lot with tractor run pics, I should probably use Flickr image hosting links for those pics at least, easy enough to do, just a bit slower than using attachments.

Back