Pictures..Old and newish!

d8666

Found a few old photo albums cleaning out the old house so I scanned a few off the old photos!

Wrapping early 90s
IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Single chop..
IMG_0008.jpg

Quick refueling!
IMG_0002.jpg

Topping
IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Stiching grass seed.
IMG_0001.jpg

Heres the same 188 that was on the single chop after having a bit of an accident:laugh:
It was restored and had a Ford AP cab fitted with all the ford pedals and controls connected up.

082.jpg

083.jpg

Heres the same 188 that was on the single chop after having a bit of an accident:laugh:
It was restored and had a Ford AP cab fitted with all the ford pedals and controls connected up.

082.jpg

083.jpg

That looks a very rare combination and perfectly executed too - looks well :thumbup1:

The 168 is very clean too.

Poor old Cortina in the first picture was the first thing I copped!

Something very romantic about those times, thanks for sharing:thumbup1:

What made those bales? What time of year was the single cut being made, the two men were well wrapped up?:001_smile:

I think the bales were done with a Claas 46 they dont look great!..but then again I guess bales done with twine never looked tidy anyway.

Ughh remember pulling out the twine when feeding them..some things are an improvement:laugh:
and I don't know when the silage was done...but it does look cold.

whats the drill beeing used to stich in the grass seed? looks to be ripping up the field a fair bit, how did it work? good job after?

When I was a farm apprentice we were making silage and I was sent to pick up a hire tractor thinking it would be a Zetor or Ursus and it was a brand new 188 . Such power in the hands of one so young.:thumbup::thumbup:

their almost identical:yes:
colour wise neway....

bit off topic but i just looked at the vid of that hi speed connor, not a bad plan really, altho the mc hale version is better.
wonder if it would be a big job to convert an ordinary one to a high speed.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzKJoAHuNR4&feature=related"]Conor High Speed Bale Wrapper, silage 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

imposable acording to mcchale, cant se how myself, all ou need is the film dispencer and your away
very nice pictures btw

When I was a farm apprentice we were making silage and I was sent to pick up a hire tractor thinking it would be a Zetor or Ursus and it was a brand new 188 . Such power in the hands of one so young.:thumbup::thumbup:

We had farm apprentices here that would not drive our 188when it was new as it was too big ....

We had farm apprentices here that would not drive our 188when it was new as it was too big ....

Yeah !! Imagine that ha. They wouldn't be big enough nowadays for them :laugh: Different times and all that too I guess.

imposable acording to mcchale, cant se how myself, all ou need is the film dispencer and your away
very nice pictures btw
far from impossible imo.
another dispenser, lower the cut n tie bar and you should be away with it imo.

How is the massey refurb coming on d8666?

Its coming on good...the roofs back on anyway:001_smile:

Put in a new clutch and flywheel today..just waiting on a few bits and pieces to come to finish it off another week should see it done.

Its coming on good...the roofs back on anyway:001_smile:

Put in a new clutch and flywheel today..just waiting on a few bits and pieces to come to finish it off another week should see it done.

Good stuff :thumbup1: Don't forget the pics of her when she's done. :001_cool:

Back