Pictures..Old and newish!

A few of you might remember this thread.

http://www.forum4farming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3355&highlight=roof

Well here's the result..

It started off just to fix the roof but as that turned out pretty good, we decided to give it a bit of an overhaul as we were pretty happy with it it being so trouble free (apart from the rust issues!) and for its lack of electrics..

Fabricated the roof out of 2mm plate, Also fabricated a new sunroof and the plate the battery's sit on and the grey rear fenders at the rear as the rust was getting the better of these as well.

Fitted a new clutch, clutch cable and flywheel. Wider mirror arms, extra work lights, New front fenders and rear fender extensions.
Painted the chassis, sand blasted the wheel rims and hand sanded the dishes.
Did underneath the rear fenders and arches with stone chip before the final coat.And painted the cab frame and rear fenders.
Took off and cleaned out all the rads and diesel tank.

Also fitted an isolator and a handy spot for jump starting off...copied that off a TS.
Rebushed the gear linkage fitted a new gaitor on the gear stick, fully serviced it and used all stainless steel nuts and bolts when fitting every thing back.
Removed and valeted every thing from the cab and got a new nose cone and all new panels for the front.
Just waiting on a new seat and to buff the rear fenders.
And most importantly fitted twin beacons:laugh:

At the start looking a bit rough1
DSC01680.jpg

Finished
DSC01839.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01841.jpg

DSC01849.jpg

The dealer only had 4270 decals in stock and the only difference in them is the fueling and as shes opened up a bit I wasn't going waiting for them.

Oh and the camera has a black smudge on it in the pictures!

The dealer only had 4270 decals in stock and the only difference in them is the fueling and as shes opened up a bit I wasn't going waiting for them.

Oh and the camera has a black smudge on it in the pictures!

:thumbup1:

oil rag comes in handy:whistling:

now there is a fine refurb job.

there is an opportunity there for a business...:whistling:

tell me this, did ya make all the roof yourself??
or use some of the old one, or got it made?

Lovely job there :thumbup1:

How long roughly was she out of action to get all that done around day work etc?

tell me this, did ya make all the roof yourself??
or use some of the old one, or got it made?

Used the old one, got a sheet of 2mm steel. Sat it on the old one and cut out the basic shape.

Then cut off the lips and hinges off the old one and cut out the rust, then welded on the cut out plate and welded a lip for the front hatch and hinges and a lip for the sunroof.

The old sunroof was fecked and wouldnt have suited with the equipment we had to do the lips so made one and welded the centre of the old one to it..worked out well and saved 380:laugh:

The original front hatch is used but is bolted down instead of being hinged like it was originally.

Finally cut out all the rust out of the sides and plated it..then sand blasted the lot.

Used the old one, got a sheet of 2mm steel. Sat it on the old one and cut out the basic shape.

Then cut off the lips and hinges off the old one and cut out the rust, then welded on the cut out plate and welded a lip for the front hatch and hinges and a lip for the sunroof.

The old sunroof was fecked and wouldnt have suited with the equipment we had to do the lips so made one and welded the centre of the old one to it..worked out well and saved 380:laugh:

The original front hatch is used but is bolted down instead of being hinged like it was originally.

Finally cut out all the rust out of the sides and plated it..then sand blasted the lot.
ill take my hat off to you hi, a well done job.

did ya find the thinners trick any advantage?

Its hard to know done it on a bit of the back end allright, Wire brushed it and wiped it down with panel wipe wipe first. Id imagine its a big help to use good paint with a hardener aswell.

No way is perfect for that..but its not a big job to that to the back end every few years if it starts flaking off.

Its hard to know done it on a bit of the back end allright, Wire brushed it and wiped it down with panel wipe wipe first. Id imagine its a big help to use good paint with a hardener aswell.

No way is perfect for that..but its not a big job to that to the back end every few years if it starts flaking off.
as a man once said to me, " paint is only colour hi ", its whats under it that counts.

but yes, good paint is a lot easier to spray ( for the little bit i know about it ) painting is a science alone.

very good job there, added value to it for sure smart tractor now, should last you a good while longer:thumbup1:

Dunno if there's any sheep men on here but bought 2 of these lleyn''s to try this year in place of 2 cheviot rams

Any one have them? They seem a bit quieter so far than than the cheviots...they are just mental:lol:
Photo0011.jpg

Also this boy won a few prizes this year.
Photo0008.jpg

Dunno if there's any sheep men on here but bought 2 of these lleyn''s to try this year in place of 2 cheviot rams

Any one have them? They seem a bit quieter so far than than the cheviots...they are just mental:lol:
Photo0011.jpg

Also this boy won a few prizes this year.
Photo0008.jpg

Fine looking Lleyn Ram, I don't know much about them, only Suffolk & Texel around here, what breed is the second one pictured?

He's a beauty!
How old is he, to have horns that long? :001_cool:

Hes 3 years old, Pretty lucky with the horns most of them grow in towards their jaw and have to be cut,

They do make him very easy to catch though:laugh:

Back