Ploughing tips and tricks

Are you doing a lot more ploughing than usual this year or why all the breakdowns you never saw before?
No more than any other year but it’s all ley and the last time it was ploughed was with horses and a single furrow plough. Don’t know why the plate at the front broke I think it might be from last year the combi wheel used to catch the ground a bit and it could have damaged it. Also there was only one spacer on one side of the ram which might not have helped. The housing for bar and pin was the victim of a huge stone, the disc today was also a victim of a massive stone

Last edited:
Cheers @gone, I’d say I’ll just make an order now for delivery I don’t want to see wexico again for a while. Jesus I’m rightly sickend now, we headed back through bunclody and I text a girl I was in college with from there wondering where to go and she said Jimmy’s is the best nearby and when we passed then the workman with me insisted he wanted a Chinese so back up to Carlow town we headed then and got food out of a Italian/ Chinese cross

Cheers @gone, I’d say I’ll just make an order now for delivery I don’t want to see wexico again for a while. Jesus I’m rightly sickend now, we headed back through bunclody and I text a girl I was in college with from there wondering where to go and she said Jimmy’s is the best nearby and when we passed then the workman with me insisted he wanted a Chinese so back up to Carlow town we headed then and got food out of a Italian/ Chinese cross
If you are still use 3 hole discs, I can stick them in the post to you, they are no use to me anymore.

Kv pg100 the bodies are inclined to jump off the 4 balls far too easily when met with stones, they’re not worn and the springs is tensioned to 70cm works alongside a Es 85 which never has the same bother any ideas?

Kv pg100 the bodies are inclined to jump off the 4 balls far too easily when met with stones, they’re not worn and the springs is tensioned to 70cm works alongside a Es 85 which never has the same bother any ideas?
Does it have the 2 guides fitted.
20210328_180013.jpg20210328_180018.jpg
The outside guide is No.64 called a "steering plate beam" ??????
20210328_180334.jpg
On older KVs there was also an inner guide U bolt made of 30mm x 10mm plate bent into a C with threaded bar to bolt it on.

Wonder could she do with a extra leaf in the spring and what @gone pointed out that plate makes all the world of a difference

Is it one particular body . The springs while the right length could be weak . Is it either the front body or the one in line with the wheel of the tractor. Try a complete new spring or swap one from the other plough to see if it improves.

It has the guide plates on the side a couple of them been bent or broken when the bodies came off it’s not the same ones it’s happened to nearly all of them at this stage at least once, except the front one

It has the guide plates on the side a couple of them been bent or broken when the bodies came off it’s not the same ones it’s happened to nearly all of them at this stage at least once, except the front one
Does it have the holes to fit the inner ones, or is it one of the later ones like my pic with the inner plate as part of the plough?

Roughly what speed you doing?

Does it have the holes to fit the inner ones, or is it one of the later ones like my pic with the inner plate as part of the plough?
I’ll have to look in the morning it might be the older type not sure if they are fitted on the inside

Back